Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats a good rough estimate for fog lights for the 6s?

$800?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reading Topic: Fog Lights

This is probably an aftermarket price. I don't think the mazda dealer would be charging that low =P

·
Registered
1,806 Posts

US Mazda dealers don't sell lower fog kits for the Sport (yet). My Mazda fog light kit for the standard bumper was only $180.

·
Registered
721 Posts

LBJay, nice paint job on the chrome (on the grille). Any tips? I was thinking about painting mine too...

·
Registered
1,477 Posts

LBJay, do you have the Sport package on your 6? I know you have posted on this numerous times, but do you now have two sets of fogs, and select between either set?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

He does not have the sports package. To my knowledge, no one in the USA has fogs for the sport package yet. LBJay just has the one set of foglights.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts

No Sport, but the way they are wired I could install the upper fog assemblies (wiring is already there) and have both sets of lights on at the same time.

But that may be illegal in many states.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Fog Lights'

Originally posted by LBJay

No Sport, but the way they are wired I could install the upper fog assemblies (wiring is already there) and have both sets of lights on at the same time.  

But that may be illegal in many states.[/b]

LBJay,

If it's not too much of a hassle, could you please take a pic of the interior switch mount for the fog's you installed? I'm seriously contemplating ordering a set... Thanks !

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Did you install them yourself?
What was the time frame estimate?
Curious on what labor would be at a place to have someone put them in

·
Registered
541 Posts

If you want to know how much it would cost to have them installed, call some places up. It is going to vary depending on where you are located. You could call the dealership and ask how much the lights would be installed, and how much they would charge if you brought them in yourself. Or you could try some local installation shops.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts

Originally posted by Simple_Man

LBJay,

If it's not too much of a hassle, could you please take a pic of the interior switch mount for the fog's you installed?  I'm seriously contemplating ordering a set...  Thanks ![/b]
It is the same stalk that in the 6 Sport, Simple ring that rotates on/off. I

·
Registered
1,806 Posts

Originally posted by BoDEAN

Did you install them yourself?
What was the time frame estimate?
Curious on what labor would be at a place to have someone put them in[/b]
Yes, I installed them. Biggest pain was I had to make a tool to release and move a pin in a wiring connector. Had to grind down a very small screwdriver to 1/8" with a dremel type grinder.

When I finish installing the kit it wouldn't work. After several days of back and forth emails with Richard at Mazda South, who really tried to help.(not his fault Mazda doesn't have a wiring diagram for the kit). I just wired the new kit relay to the fog relay in the Fuse box under the hood.

Mine was one of the first batch built, so maybe something was different. Richard says he has sold about 6 kits and I was the first to report a problem with the install. (welcome to my life).

Having to remove the bumper cover, mess with the wiring connectors at the fuse panel in the interior and all, I would say a good 2 hrs or more for the install. Could be expensive at a dealer.

The instructions are very good. Depending on your ability, it really isn't hard. But then, I've worked on cars for over 35 years.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts