Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any body of you have ordered fog lights from dealership, because this accessories is not showed yet in the accessories brochure of Mazda Canada, but appears on the Mazda USA postcard stick in the window of Mazda6 car delivered in Canada. My vendor said no, but I'm not confident, I'm still thinking this accessories should be available. It's available on Mazdaspeed website. Any suggestion?

·
Registered
837 Posts
Reading Topic: Fog lights

Have you contacted Mazda Canada? There is two obstacle you have to jump over.

Firstly, you will have either have to modify the windshield washer bottle to give you some room to install the foglights or order an American version which is supposedly be smaller than the Canada version (guess need the extra larger size for our winter).

The other part, in North America model, they don't bother offering foglights for the sport bumper. So if you selected the GFX, you are out of luck on obtaining the foglights for them because the opening is larger than the non-GFX bumper.

That is why you don't see any offering of foglights in the bumper in the accessories catalogue. They did not think people will need to install them since it is standard in all models (the one in the headlight housing). The fog in the headlight housing does a good job but it just does not fill the front of the car well with those black holes in the bumper, IMHO.

Talk to Mazda Canada to get the detail, I did. I plan to install one but their are difficulties. Check my thread here http://www.mazda6club.com/forums/read.php?TID=3724.

·
Registered
205 Posts

I'm assuming you're talking about the lower valence fog-lights (the ones at the bottom of the front valence). Your dealer is right, these fog lights are not available in Canada because Canadian-spec cars require a larger windshield washer tank and with the larger tank the lights can't fit.

Edit: I guess hieppo just beat me to it.

·
Registered
164 Posts

the m6 has fog lights in the main light array ???? but i guess if you want ones that are low on the car u have to go this way

1 - 7 of 7 Posts