Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I'm curious... Apparently the M6s that don't come with fog lights have dummy bulbs in place, and if you add fogs they add them down low.

Why can't you just plug bulbs in? Do they completely omit all the wiring, etc., too?

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Reading Topic: Fog lights -- can't just add bulbs?

You would need to replace the light stalk on the steering column with the Sport version or wire a switch in to use them. There is a kit to add the projector fog lamps (headlights) in the accessories section of the Mazda Japan site. I would expect it to show up in the future over here. We may just have to be patient for a while.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Reading Topic: Fog lights -- can't just add bulbs?

Personally I don't think you are missing much DennyA. I have the factory installed fog lamps, but don't see the point of them. You can't turn them on unless the headlights are on, and you can't really tell they are even on at that point.

I'd have rathered normal headlights and the lower fog lights as an option. Fog lights in my opinion look better if they are lit away from the headlights, not to mention its kinda nice to be able to choose to run the fog lights without the headlights.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts