Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't find anything about this, at least not on my phone, so if it's been answered please let me know!
I was wanting to buy some fog lights for my 2017 Mazda 6 Touring. LED Daytime Lights Fog Light Assembly for 2014-2016 Mazda 6
This says it's just through 2016 and I asked just in case it hadn't been updated and they said they were incompatible.
Has the front of the 2017 non-GT and non-premium package changed? I can't tell a difference in the lights/fog lights.
Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I am not sure if the lights are different but I know the turn signal/headlight switch is different on the 17s. I added fog lights to mine without issue. I bought the lights off Amazon and the switch from the dealer. All in it cost less than $100. The fog lights were iJDMTOY. Took about an hour to install the entire thing.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I was thinking but I can't find a direct answer and I couldn't talk to the dealership today. I've wanted these for a while and really don't want to buy them and not be able to install them. Thanks!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
The blanks come out pretty easily. There is about 8-10 screws that hold the splash shield in place on each side. Remove them and your hand will have access to the blank. Carefully press on the clips and they will release and the blank will pop out. Fog lights slide right in and lock into place. There is a set screw that will be added just to lock them in. There are some posts here that say you need to take the bumper off. Too much work and too much to go wrong. This was very simple.

Changing the switch should take about 10 minutes. There are two screws under the steering wheel. Remove them and the cover will seperate. There is a small locking tab that you press in with a small screw driver and the switch will slide out to the left. Push the new one in and put the cover back together. You should disconnect the battery when doing this step.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I am not sure if the lights are different but I know the turn signal/headlight switch is different on the 17s. I added fog lights to mine without issue. I bought the lights off Amazon and the switch from the dealer. All in it cost less than $100. The fog lights were iJDMTOY. Took about an hour to install the entire thing.
I did exactly same thing only I bought switch on eBay. Under $100 as well! Took me not more than 40 minutes, if not less. Too easy not to have them

1 - 6 of 6 Posts