Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all, i have a 2006 6i without fogs and i'm looking to possibly put some on. i looked, and there are wires running to the blank honeycombs, they actually have connectors and everything, they plug in to the plastic. So it seems prewired. I also have a fuse and relay in my box for fog lights. but they don't get power when i switch the lights on. the question: do the fogs come on automatically with the lights or is there a switch that goes somewhere? does it go on the turn signal stock? anyone know what wires switch the fogs on normally? thanks

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
yes our 03-05 mazda6 uses the turn signal stalk for our integrated fogs.... and if you have the non-sport 03-05 mazda6, you can opt for the lower fog light from mazda and they'll give u another turn signal stalk to operate the lower fog AND the integrated fogs...

for wiring diagram, check out the pinned thread about the foglight mod... check out the whole thread to get better understanding...

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
there's much more to it than just using the existing wire connectors. you also have to have the stalk modified for the turn signal switch.
[/b]
but does anyone know for the 06 though? it's different since it doesn't have the integrated fogs

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
i m waiting for an answer from mazdatechinfo.com since they only listed 2003 mazda6

·
Registered
2 Posts
AS far as I know, there are no direct install fog lights for the 6i for 2006-2007. The bumper was modified from the 03-05 years, (found out the hard way) and I have a set of halos for a 03-05 that I am attempting to mount with the blanks. (blank fog covers are different shape on the 06-07) They give you a switch to put in the headlight leveler switch position, (next to the TCS button, most people have a blank there, just pop it out with a screwdriver) you'll see the harness for the hls, I haven't gotten to the find the trigger wire in the steering column yet for the fog relay. And there isn't much room on the right side, the horn and washer fluid resivour are packed into the void. I do plan on cutting the wire ends from the factory harness and using the ones that came with the kit, and hope that I can rewire the factory relay to work with the parking lights...more on this when I get the lights mounted, I have to find different screws tomorrow. You can get factory fogs but I'm told there is no kit available as of yet, and it would be very expensive to have to buy each and every part to put them together. ($200-300)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
webby52
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing