Mazda 6 Forums banner

FMIC to be developed

2K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  MrTea 
#1 ·
I contacted Hass turbo here in CT to see if they had any plans to do any development on the speed 6 because they had made a turbo kit for the 6i and here was their response:

"We do not offer anything yet but we do have someone interested in doing a front mount intercooler to help with
the issue of heat soak. That will probably start development around the end of May. If you are interested in something like this or have anything else in mind, please let me know!"

That's some good news, that I thought I'd share with the group :)

Here is Hass' website incase anyone wants to get some more info on them.

http://www.hassturbo.com/

#2 ·
let's hold off until the finish the turbo on the 6 that has been there 5 months now...just a thought?

#3 ·
I figured I'd just let let people know that another company was interested in developing for the speed6...the more the better in my opinion...competition usualy is good for the consumer.

#4 ·
not when that company doesn't understand competition. they "released" their kit for the 6 4 months ago, stopping people from buying from HiBoost to see how theirs panned out....and their test car isn't done yet?

Please don't get them started on something until one of our other members gets is car back!

#7 ·
I have been, believe me. They're always waiting for a part, blah blah, etc etc. I've been pushing them since beginning of January.

An untuned car doesn't do me any good. I just don't know why they haven't been scrambling to finish and get to market.

#8 ·
i'm in the same boat sorta. i haven't had my car in 4 months now, and they guy with my car is going to start testing the SCT tunes on the 6, but i'm not sending anyone until my car is done. only so much you can do from 6 hours away.

#9 ·
Cvillesix...that sucks man I just read the Hass turbo thread in the 2.3L section.

MrTea, this may be a dumb question but what is SCT? and what is being done on your car that is taking so long?

#11 ·
#13 ·
Actually its more like 4 years. They've been talking about chips and reflashers since nov 2002. :(
[/b]
Woah that sucks. Why wait when this is already out:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Horsepower-...056432632QQrdZ1

:laugh: J/k I love those Ebay scams

so anyway back on topic I'm not going to stop anyone from developing for the speed6 but I wont be pushing for it then.

#15 ·
my only concern with this is they start working on this before cville's car is done, pushing him back even further. that already happened with them and some lotus kits, i just feel really bad since i set him up with Hass and he's getting F'd over.

if they want the car that's great, like he said, any attention to the speed is great. just don't push for ASAP.

and SCT had nothing to do with it, just that projects should be done in relative order, not just what they want to work on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.