Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so after lots of looking around and searching I have decided to go with a DIY fmic set up. Now Ive looked through a ton of threads and pretty much know what size fmic Im gona go with. Now Im curious from the guys who have actually built there own set ups. What piping kits did you go with? Or better yet do you guys know what pipes and couplers were needed to do it right the first time. I guess Im just trying to simplify the shopping list by not having to buy a bunch of unneeded parts.

·
Registered
671 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
YEA the unspoken site offers so much time, development and options for nearly anything DISI.

most people here are members in both places and participate in both

·
Lowspeed
6,280 Posts
I'm currently building/installing the fmic from the link Hixster posted. IC is mounted, but I haven't started on the pipe work yet

·
Registered
671 Posts
I'm currently building/installing the fmic from the link Hixster posted. IC is mounted, but I haven't started on the pipe work yet
There is no smiley for it but, this post is worthless without pics. :D

·
Lowspeed
6,280 Posts
not much to see yet. Just a shiny thing behind mah grill. Better pics in that thread.

Here are the links to the specific parts I purchased, FWIW. Only not standard thing I did was on the IC kit- it comes with two 90* bend couplers by default which can be substituted for any bend- I traded one for a 45* bend in order to match the final routing specs laid out by the guy who started that post on MSF.

BOV + 28x7x2.5 Intercooler + 2.25" Turbo Piping Kit | eBay
BLACK 2" To 2.25" 45 DEGREE TURBO SILICONE ELBOW REDUCER HOSE 5 | eBay
2.25" - 2.75" 57mm to 70mm Silicone Reducer Hose Black | eBay

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
not much to see yet. Just a shiny thing behind mah grill. Better pics in that thread.

Here are the links to the specific parts I purchased, FWIW. Only not standard thing I did was on the IC kit- it comes with two 90* bend couplers by default which can be substituted for any bend- I traded one for a 45* bend in order to match the final routing specs laid out by the guy who started that post on MSF.

BOV + 28x7x2.5 Intercooler + 2.25" Turbo Piping Kit | eBay
BLACK 2" To 2.25" 45 DEGREE TURBO SILICONE ELBOW REDUCER HOSE 5 | eBay
2.25" - 2.75" 57mm to 70mm Silicone Reducer Hose Black | eBay

How much of your crashbar is still intact? The guy cut a good 1/3 from his, judging from the pics... I wish I had the balls too :/

·
Lowspeed
6,280 Posts
My crash bar is modified exactly the same as ESB did in his post on MSF.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts