Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I did a quick search to see if there was a specific thread for this issue and didn't see one. Could we concentrate all info. on who is or is going to be offering a front mount intercooler for the Speed 6. I can't wait to get this damned interwarmer out from under there. Anyone hear anything from AGP? Who would probably be the best company? I'm not an expert on intercoolers so I don't know who makes the best ones.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I had a very breif conversation with CP-E about one.
I believe Perrin Performance will be showing a Mazdaspeed6 at SEMA in November, chances are they will have reworked the IC setup for a FMIC.

Thats all the info I have to offer.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a very breif conversation with CP-E about one.
I believe Perrin Performance will be showing a Mazdaspeed6 at SEMA in November, chances are they will have reworked the IC setup for a FMIC.

Thats all the info I have to offer.
[/b]
Thanks, I know I just can't wait to get mine converted! :yesnod:

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
Talked to Ben today at AGP, and they are still interested in doing the FMIC and the Stronger WGA for the speed6 (possibly a CAI too), but they are currently working on a TT Corvette. I'll post more when I get more info.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Last I knew, yes, AGP had a donor car.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Not sure if this is even relavent but---

Will these FMIC designers take into consideration those of us who MUST use a front Plate. Im in Jersey and its required by law but i'd be soooo into an FMIC. That is if it would benefit my car even with a Plate in the way..

I suppose i could drill some holes through the plate??...LOL

·
Registered
2,652 Posts

Will these FMIC designers take into consideration those of us who MUST use a front Plate. Im in Jersey and its required by law but i'd be soooo into an FMIC. That is if it would benefit my car even with a Plate in the way..

[/b]
the front plate probably won't cause a problem. if your really want to, u could trim the bracket so that the front license plate angles into the lower grill.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DAMN.......I just called AGP and was going to ask about a time frame for an FMIC for the speed 6 and they said there isn't anything planned or in the works. He said if they decide to, it won't be for quite some time. I really wanted AGP :angry:

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
a while back I emailed Hass Turbo here in CT and asked if they had any parts planned and here was their response:
"We do not offer anything yet but we do have someone interested in doing a front mount intercooler to help with the issue of heat soak. That will probably start development around the end of May. If you are interested in something like this or have anything else in mind, please let me know!"

So it looks like theyre interested in doing something but based on the time it is taking them to perform the 2.3L turbo kit for the regular 6 it could be a while

·
Registered
856 Posts
Front plates are required here in Texas by law too......but ummm...yeah....

The front of the car looks like shit with a plate covering that lower "mouth"...thats just my opinion.

·
Registered
214 Posts
ive seen eurostyle plates in the front of some cars. is that legal?
[/b]
not on a japanese car, lol... alot of evos move there plates to the left or right of the "mouth." I think mental addiction is also working on a FMIC based on their website.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Front plates are required here in Texas by law too......but ummm...yeah....

The front of the car looks like shit with a plate covering that lower "mouth"...thats just my opinion.
[/b]
I agree and was even worried about the effect on airflow until I noticed that the top half of the grille where the plate is is closed off anyway. We have this grill which makes it look like we need twice as much air as the regular 6 but the actual opening is the same size. Kind of a nice complement to the faux exhaust ovals!

·
Registered
676 Posts

[/b]
yea im taking my chances... im front plateless its great expect for those holes :goon:
on a side note could you pm me if you know where i could get grey "plugs" for the holes preferably ones that match the titianium grey II
sorry for the thread re-direct

·
Registered
403 Posts

[/b]
Why bother? The top half of the grille where the plate is is blocked off anyway.

·
Registered
11,748 Posts
The rx8 has the same situation. BMI had an "endurance" race, and the difference in temps between having the plate on and off, was enough to effect the engines performance. If I'm not mistaken, there was a 15F temp differential between front plate and no front plate. It doesn't take much of a blockage to completely screw over airflow at speed.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
About this Discussion
38 Replies
18 Participants
steve12345
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing