Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jordan,

This is an idea that I had in conjuction with your FMIC project. In this below picture, it is a FMIC (polished) and I know that you guys are gonna PC the pipes in the CP-e grey which I'm happy for. Now since the TMIC will be gone, this picture has a polished heatshield over where the TMIC was... I think it would be killer if you guys fabbed up something that is similar, but PC in your grey and have you stamp on it like you do you exhaust and CAI. What do you think?

-Chris

·
Registered
886 Posts
Jordan,

This is an idea that I had in conjuction with your FMIC project. In this below picture, it is a FMIC (polished) and I know that you guys are gonna PC the pipes in the CP-e grey which I'm happy for. Now since the TMIC will be gone, this picture has a polished heatshield over where the TMIC was... I think it would be killer if you guys fabbed up something that is similar, but PC in your grey and have you stamp on it like you do you exhaust and CAI. What do you think?

-Chris
[/b]

Actually, that's a very cool idea. I'll pass it onto the boss and see what he thinks. I'll get back to you on this.

Jordan

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, definately keep me posted! Maybe I can get a little discount for being the 'idea man', lol.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Thanks, definately keep me posted! Maybe I can get a little discount for being the 'idea man', lol.
[/b]

Hah! Maybe you can start charging us a consultation fee :D

I showed Anthony (head engineer) the picture you posted and he said that Josh (part owner/sales) suggested something like that to him not long ago. I hadn't ever gotten wind of it until now though.

Because they want to keep the cost of the kit as low as possible while delivering all the performance that comes with a FMIC, we will probably wait until all the costs are added up and see how far from our $1000 target price we are. If there's room to add some "bling," then we'll definitely consider adding that shield. Also, if it turns out some people really want a polished shield there, then we'll offer the option to add it to the kit.

I agree that it adds a certain degree of refinement to the FMIC kit. Good call man, and thanks for the suggestion. I'll keep pushing the guys to include something like that if they can.

Jordan

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wouldn't even care if it wasn't part of the kit. I'd buy it if it was just made for the hell of it. I don't think I'd want a polished one... I'd want the CP-e grey!!!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
UPDATES!!!! Jordan! I need FMIC updates!

·
Registered
886 Posts
UPDATES!!!! Jordan! I need FMIC updates!
[/b]

:drive:

We just got seulful's(sp?) car back in the shop this morning and we're going to test fit all the pipes today. I'll et everyone know if they fit or not.

If they fit, then we'll start working towards testing and production. If they need to be re-worked, then we'll have them re-bent. We're just praying that if they do need to be re-bent, that it won't take half a millenium! I'll see if I can snap some pics too...

Jordan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts