Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone uses a FM Transmitter in their car for their mp3 player and if so what freq do you use when driving around Toronto? 88.1 and 88.3 worked fine on the 401, but as soon as I hit Toronto, all I get is static. Can anyone help or am I stuck listening to static? I'm using a Belkin TunecastII.

Thanks.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Toronto is rough for FM transmitters. I have a buddy who used one in his Mazda3... but soon replaced it with the Auxmod because there was too much static due to nearby stations and powerlines.

I remember it being a really cheap transmitter tho, so that may have been the issue.

·
Registered
64 Posts
i use 2 kinds of transmitters both made by griffin

one has a range from 88.1 to 107.9 (good for outside T.O.)
2nd one ranges from 87.9 to 107.9 (good for everywhere including T.O.)

if you can find a transmitter that starts at 87.9 that should be good. i tune to 87.9 and never have to change.

hope that helps

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I am not an electronics kind of guy....what is an FM transmitter....

I get the idea....it takes a signal and transmits it....but to where...within the car? to other vehicles?

I know churches will use FM transmitters for people that have hearing difficulties....they give them a set of headphones and pipe the discussion to them that way...and they can adjust the volume to what they need....

Same idea?

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
I am not an electronics kind of guy....what is an FM transmitter....

I get the idea....it takes a signal and transmits it....but to where...within the car? to other vehicles?

I know churches will use FM transmitters for people that have hearing difficulties....they give them a set of headphones and pipe the discussion to them that way...and they can adjust the volume to what they need....

Same idea?
[/b]
It's a short range transmitter hooked up to the ipod. So anyone that is within your range (which really isn't that large anyway) would be able to listen to your ipod tunes on their radio as long as they guess your preset FM station. Great for ipod users to listen to in their car. Cheap wireless alternative hookup. Shit sound quality though...

·
Registered
412 Posts
Some of them are pretty cool and come with built-in mp3 decoders, so you can just plug in a flash drive... no need for batteries or a 3.5mm jack.. if the quality were better i'd be on board.

·
Registered
412 Posts
they're real cheap.. i've seen them for $20 a walmart. Also, no need to wire anything up. just plug it into the lighter socket and go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
Squireglig
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing