Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 228 Posts

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after a long awaited release, the Pulley we V6'ers have all been waiting for is finally here.

Thanks to DJQuik1's hard work in dealing with the company (FLUIDAMPR) we now have a functional working product in our hands to make our motor's more happy in upper RPM's as well gain some ponies while we are at it.

HERE'S A LIL' BACKGROUND ON THE DAMPER(copy and pasted from the GB thread........Thanks FALCONTX)

Save your expensive engine with a world famous balanced Fluidampr. Manufactured from aluminum and anodized for a protective, yet great looking finish, the Fluidampr crank pulley will outlast your car! Keeps your rotating assembly happily balanced and reduces vibration to ensure longer engine life. Underdrive: 10%; Weight: 8 lbs.

The 10% underdrive frees up power by sending less to the accessories, and thus, more to the wheels. The net result will be a dyno gain of 3 to 5% at the wheels across the ENTIRE power band.

WHERE TO FIND THIS ITEM:

www.therpmstore.com

www.fluidampr.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

****BE SURE TO MAKE SURE THE BELT RIBS ARE ALL IN THE PULLEY TRACKS ON EACH PULLEY**** [/b]

20. put your splash guards back on, and your wheel. lower the car. put your tools away and go for a Drive.

CONGRATS ON YOUR NEWLY INSTALLED FLUIDAMPR, HAPPY DRIVING!

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
Awesome write up.

Now everyone remember not to be alarmed if the fluidampr is alot more difficult being installed than the old one coming off.The tolerances are much tighter.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Is the fluiddampr fully lighter than the stock one as well?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Sweet!

thanks TGNY!!! can't wait to get mine now install seems straight forward, and since i got all the right tools should go pretty smoothly (knock on wood) also gonna install the lightened PS and Alt pulley while i'm in there and have my pulley puller out!

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
QUOTE (Mazda6sMtx @ Jul 10 2008, 03:53 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1387321
Is the fluiddampr fully lighter than the stock one as well?[/b]

I did not weigh it.It felt close to the same weight but the Fluidampr is 10% underdrive.

My driving impression of it is that the vibrations at idle and above 4500rpm are gone and non-existent.The car pulls harder.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Thank You for the how to! I can get it installed on Tuesday.

My car is in the shop for paint till Monday.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Another awesome write-up by the man!!! But one suggestion, maybe put down the belt size for those with the CP-E Headers which already has a longer accessory belt.

Also, one thing, I don't know if its true or not... but I was reading on the contour forums that turning the crankshaft counter-clockwise is bad. Probably applicable our engines too.

http://www.contour.org/mods/mods.php?s=howto&display=dmd
WARNING: You don't want to turn the pulley in the counter-clockwise direction. According to the Haynes manual, you can bind up the timing chain. Also, you don't want to quickly turn the pulley in a clockwise direction either, since it is possible (although doubtful) to start the engine that way.[/b]

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
I stopped following the thread on this- never thought it would actually happen. Maybe I should buy one.

·
Registered
982 Posts
QUOTE (KarlT10 @ Jul 10 2008, 07:38 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1387601
I stopped following the thread on this- never thought it would actually happen. Maybe I should buy one.[/b]
Get it KarlT10!!! It is a great addition to our cars! Who knows how long supplies will last as well? It seems many people backed out so there might not be a second batch. :tear:

p.s. I hope they didn't all back out. :yesnod:

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
QUOTE (HighSpeed6 @ Jul 10 2008, 09:09 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1387527
About how long did it take you to install? Pull smoothly harder? Can't wait to get mine on, hopefully tomorrow. Congrats![/b]
about an hour and a half, but it would have really only taken about a half hour. because i didnt have the right stuff with me, IE- damper removal bolt and installation bolt. so i have to make a run to sargo's(hardware store) to get what i needed.

LMAO! i had to ride my nieces BMX bike............picture me ......6'1" 250lbs on a kid bike pedaling up a hill! LMAO! i laughed at myself

PULL SMOOTHLY HARDER! yes it does.........smooth as freaking butter. you're gonna love it!

QUOTE (Spidy @ Jul 10 2008, 10:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1387580
Another awesome write-up by the man!!! But one suggestion, maybe put down the belt size for those with the CP-E Headers which already has a longer accessory belt.

Also, one thing, I don't know if its true or not... but I was reading on the contour forums that turning the crankshaft counter-clockwise is bad. Probably applicable our engines too.

http://www.contour.org/mods/mods.php?s=howto&display=dmd[/b]

yes thats a given for any car. you never want to go opposite of the natural engine rotation. for whatever reason. i can possibly damage the motor. its like having waves in your hair and u brush against the grain(bearings), not good

QUOTE (KarlT10 @ Jul 10 2008, 10:38 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1387601
I stopped following the thread on this- never thought it would actually happen. Maybe I should buy one.[/b]

no maybe! do it! you have my word that u'll love it. plus our motors need it anyway!

QUOTE (rosem32 @ Jul 10 2008, 11:37 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1387647
Get it KarlT10!!! It is a great addition to our cars! Who knows how long supplies will last as well? It seems many people backed out so there might not be a second batch. :tear:

p.s. I hope they didn't all back out. :yesnod:[/b]
+1

a lot of people have backed out on this, and like you said this may be the only run of them because of it. so if you want want guys, get it now just in case.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
QUOTE (The Great NY @ Jul 10 2008, 09:01 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1387663
yes thats a given for any car. you never want to go opposite of the natural engine rotation. for whatever reason. i can possibly damage the motor. its like having waves in your hair and u brush against the grain(bearings), not good[/b]
yeah, i guess that means one better make sure it's in gear and a buddy is holding down the brakes real hard -- when removing and installing the crankshaft bolt... cause if the crank turns while one is installing/removing the bolt there's a possibility of being in a world of hurt. pretty important step, hopefully no one misses it.

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
QUOTE (Spidy @ Jul 11 2008, 03:18 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1387761
yeah, i guess that means one better make sure it's in gear and a buddy is holding down the brakes real hard -- when removing and installing the crankshaft bolt... cause if the crank turns while one is installing/removing the bolt there's a possibility of being in a world of hurt. pretty important step, hopefully no one misses it.[/b]

yup.........its a possibility. i tried taking all the guess work of doing this by telling exactly what u need and exactly what u need to do. so hopefully people wont mess nuthin up

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I didn't mean to back out on this, and am in fact still trying to think of a way to get one. The week that sales began was around the time of my sister-in-law's wedding and I was the photographer. I had to pick up some last minute supplies and my printer crapped out. So about $600-$700 later plus me just buying tickets and hotel reservations for Puerto Rico (going in August, vac. Plus I've been meaning to take my car to the dealer to get that tapping the engine/exhaust/cat is making first before I buy anymore mods. I was meaning to do it this week but all the rain we have been getting the past couple of weeks has been keeping me from putting my car back to mostly stock to take it in. Otherwise I was trying to be one of the first people to buy one. It sucks... :( And I'm still trying to find a way to get the new '06+ headers too. Why, or why, does it always all come at once?

Paul

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
QUOTE (VirtualMirage @ Jul 11 2008, 09:22 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1387831
I didn't mean to back out on this, and am in fact still trying to think of a way to get one. The week that sales began was around the time of my sister-in-law's wedding and I was the photographer. I had to pick up some last minute supplies and my printer crapped out. So about $600-$700 later plus me just buying tickets and hotel reservations for Puerto Rico (going in August, vac. Plus I've been meaning to take my car to the dealer to get that tapping the engine/exhaust/cat is making first before I buy anymore mods. I was meaning to do it this week but all the rain we have been getting the past couple of weeks has been keeping me from putting my car back to mostly stock to take it in. Otherwise I was trying to be one of the first people to buy one. It sucks... :( And I'm still trying to find a way to get the new '06+ headers too. Why, or why, does it always all come at once?

Paul[/b]

see u have ligitimate reason for not being able to purchase. most of my remarks towards people whom sign up and say they are interested and are going to buy, but in reality they never had any intention on really making the purchase.

i understand life has its situations. i just hate when people say things they never really intended to do.

on a side note, how was the wedding?

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
QUOTE (Spidy @ Jul 10 2008, 09:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1387580
Another awesome write-up by the man!!! But one suggestion, maybe put down the belt size for those with the CP-E Headers which already has a longer accessory belt.[/b]

Use a 84.9 inch belt since a 86 inch belt came with the CPE header kit.It fits perfectly.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I just hope you guys dont buy them all up before I can afford one in august. :nana:

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
QUOTE (djquik1 @ Jul 11 2008, 10:01 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1387856
Use a 84.9 inch belt since a 86 inch belt came with the CPE header kit.It fits perfectly.[/b]

im curious to know if since the CPE headers required a longer belt, if that because of the addition of the Fluidampr the stock belt size will fit. whats the stock belt size?

and i will add the CPE belt length needed to the how-to as well. any part number to help out?

QUOTE (mariusvt @ Jul 11 2008, 10:24 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1387870
I just hope you guys dont buy them all up before I can afford one in august. :nana:[/b]

august is right around the corner bro. sad to say but i dont think they'll be gone by then.

1 - 20 of 228 Posts