Mazda 6 Forums banner

Fluid leak near the radiator at the passenger side

1022 Views 2 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  Vicianto
Hi All,

unfortunately i do not have any experience working with cars, so i have a question:
Today i have found out that there is a fluid lake (for me it looks like an oil) at a pipe near the radiator. What is the name of this pipe? Could be a sign of a serious problem?

Thank you!

See less See more
1 - 1 of 3 Posts
The one that goes to your radiator is called coolant or antifreeze. It may be greenish in color depending on type. If you touch it, it feels like water.

Another fluid is called transmission oil. I'm not sure if this is true for all cars but on our old car, there is a hose connection to the radiator that leads to the transmission.

It doesn't matter if it is oil or water, it should be checked and rectified as soon as possible. You don't want to run the car with such leak.
  • Like
Reactions: 1
1 - 1 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.