Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi: 1st loving my 2018 GT!!!!:grin2:Trying to decide between Weathertech or Husky floor mats for my beastie?Living in Canada our winters can be pretty bad so if the Husky ones are as good great as less$$$$ but if the weather tech's are worth the extra $$$ will get those!Thanks & will post pic's of car soon(after waxing it in the next few days hopefully!!!!

·
Administrator
8,400 Posts
Have you seen or considered these?

Members here have bought these in the past, and swear by them. I'm 99% sure I'll be picking these up for myself, since I like the liner design, and they don't look so "generic", for lack of a better word...

·
Registered
679 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Those Mazda Premiums do look really nice - hadn't seen them before and might have gone with them if I'd seen them I did get the Mazda all-weathers just last about 2 weeks ago and it caught the sand very nicely having gone to the beach. The rears don't cover the middle hump though, but none ended up there. Easy clean up too vs. stock carpet mats.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
These look like the winners...like the anti-skid ribbing right behind the accelerator pedal!!! Enlarge photo to see what I'm referring to!

[ame]https://www.amazon.ca/3D-MAXpider-L1MZ04001509-Complete-All-Weather/dp/B00IBOMQFE/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1537152185&vehicle=2018-80-1114-39--1-6-5-21791-4268-1-1-5383--1-0&sr=1-1&keywords=maxpider[/ame]

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just got the Mazda Premium liners from MazdaShop in the mail today. Very happy with them, and much less "industrial" looking than WeatherTech.

·
Administrator
8,400 Posts
Just got the Mazda Premium liners from MazdaShop in the mail today. Very happy with them, and much less "industrial" looking than WeatherTech.
Nice! Can you please post up a couple pics? I'd like to see how they look...

·
Registered
679 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
The guys on the F150 forum really like these. Pickiest folks I've come across.

I actually scored a full set of the MaxPider 3D mats off of a buy/sell site for $20...brand new. I have always have WeatherTech's but found them a little too hard. These new ones are softer and have a nicer look to them. They were for 17 but fit the 18 with no issues.
Can't wait to try them out!

·
Administrator
8,400 Posts
Looks like I found my new mats! Thanks for the pictures.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I bought OEM Mazda mats and a trunk liner off EBay for about 20% less than I would have paid at a dealer, including shipping. They were brand new.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Learning something new every time I visit this forum. Thanks for the 3D MAXpider tip. Very good looking product!

Unfortunately, it seems they do not offer a set for the Mazda6 at this time.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Learning something new every time I visit this forum. Thanks for the 3D MAXpider tip. Very good looking product!

Unfortunately, it seems they do not offer a set for the Mazda6 at this time.
I saw this and I'm contemplating if I should get this one. I think this one has the "longest reach".

One thing I don't like, there's no logo of Mazda. If I'll get the one with the logo, it doesn't cover the button holder (I don't know what's it called) and the reach is similar to the stock carpet.

·
Registered
75 Posts
My dad got a set of the 3Dmaxpider kagus for his Altima after I told him about them and how I decided on them for my 6 since no one spoke negatively about them and they were affordable.

Well, I got their cargo mat which I do really like, but for some reason right when I got my car the black kagus for the 3rd gen 6s just vanished. Tried ordering them 4 times and suffered through lie after lie of the package being "lost in shipping" even though it was obvious FedEx never even got the package. Finally the 4th seller told me the truth: 3dmaxpider is completely out of them with no ETA on more (maybe they screwed up their molds somehow or are discontinuing them).

Because of this I begrudgingly bought the more expensive OEM Canadian mats, and all I can say is wow. They feel super high quality and beefy while still being a bit soft on the foot, way more so than the mats in my dads car. They match the car well with the embossed logo and make tag, fit perfectly, and really add to the luxury look of the car when opening the door.

To be honest, I'm glad I got screwed with the Maxpider mats. These are fantastic and at the very least the shipping was free for both the front and back.

·
Registered
644 Posts
My dad got a set of the 3Dmaxpider kagus for his Altima after I told him about them and how I decided on them for my 6 since no one spoke negatively about them and they were affordable.

Well, I got their cargo mat which I do really like, but for some reason right when I got my car the black kagus for the 3rd gen 6s just vanished. Tried ordering them 4 times and suffered through lie after lie of the package being "lost in shipping" even though it was obvious FedEx never even got the package. Finally the 4th seller told me the truth: 3dmaxpider is completely out of them with no ETA on more (maybe they screwed up their molds somehow or are discontinuing them).

Because of this I begrudgingly bought the more expensive OEM Canadian mats, and all I can say is wow. They feel super high quality and beefy while still being a bit soft on the foot, way more so than the mats in my dads car. They match the car well with the embossed logo and make tag, fit perfectly, and really add to the luxury look of the car when opening the door.

To be honest, I'm glad I got screwed with the Maxpider mats. These are fantastic and at the very least the shipping was free for both the front and back.
Do you have pictures? How does it compare with this one?

I saw this and I'm contemplating if I should get this one. I think this one has the "longest reach".

One thing I don't like, there's no logo of Mazda. If I'll get the one with the logo, it doesn't cover the button holder (I don't know what's it called) and the reach is similar to the stock carpet.
Replying to my own post as I didn't put the link. Sorry about that...

[ame]https://www.amazon.ca/TuxMat-2014-2019-Waterproof-Best-Mazda-Accessory/dp/B077YQ7BVN/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1544346947&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=tuxmat+mazda+6&dpPl=1&dpID=41wxp7xUE8L&ref=plSrch[/ame]

·
Registered
75 Posts
I can't compare them super well since I don't have those and photos can always be a bit deceiving. From what I can tell, I like the look of the Canadian ones more in terms of the material and how those would probably feel, but its hard to say. They look somewhat similar, and the only obvious difference I can see is that the rear mat(s) on the set you linked go up a bit higher in the back and seem like they would slightly hug the back of the center console, unlike the Canadian ones.

I will get better pictures during the day and with the mats cleaned, but the attached images should give you an idea.

My car is some mutant between the black and sand interiors, it was probably a custom order originally.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts