Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, guys. I'm newbie n a M6 wagon owner from HongKong. My little babe is suffering a severe problem.
After I drive my babe during a rainy day, the carpet under the driver's seat as well as the one behind the driver's seat get very very wet.
I have removed all the front seats and taken away all the carpets including the bottom one to see any cracks or holes on the car body. However, NONE!!!!!!!
I really need u guys' advice. HELP..............................!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Hi, guys. I'm newbie n a M6 wagon owner from HongKong. My little babe is suffering a severe problem.
After I drive my babe during a rainy day, the carpet under the driver's seat as well as the one behind the driver's seat get very very wet.
I have removed all the front seats and taken away all the carpets including the bottom one to see any cracks or holes on the car body. However, NONE!!!!!!!
I really need u guys' advice. HELP..............................!!!!!!!!!!!
[/b]
Is the car under warranty? If so, take it back to the dealer.

If not, is anything else wet, or just the carpet?

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
my 06 6s hatch did that. she's going to the dealer tomorrow to be looked at.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is the car under warranty? If so, take it back to the dealer.

If not, is anything else wet, or just the carpet?
[/b]
My babe was directly shipped from Japan to Hong Kong so there would be no warranty provided by the Hong Kong dealer.
Actually, I check the situtaion of the carpets after each rainy day and find that if the rain is heavy, the whole carpets would get very very wet, just like pouring water directly to them. If the rain is light, it only got wet with the CENTER of the carpet.

·
Registered
542 Posts
If there is no warranty I'd check all your rubber weather seals around your car... I've had someone hose my trunk with water before and found that there was a loose bolt on my spoiler and the water was getting in that way. Water leaks usually takes alot of time to isolate..Is the carpet in your trunk wet too???

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
My babe was directly shipped from Japan to Hong Kong so there would be no warranty provided by the Hong Kong dealer.
Actually, I check the situtaion of the carpets after each rainy day and find that if the rain is heavy, the whole carpets would get very very wet, just like pouring water directly to them. If the rain is light, it only got wet with the CENTER of the carpet.
[/b]
Since the center of the carpet is the low spot, the water could be flowing to that point and it might not be the spot at all.

Use hillmar's plan - Find a friend, a hose that has a good flow and one of you get in the car while the other runs the water over it EVERYWHERE. Look under the dash, around all the seals and everwhere else you can to see if you can spot the entry point.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If there is no warranty I'd check all your rubber weather seals around your car... I've had someone hose my trunk with water before and found that there was a loose bolt on my spoiler and the water was getting in that way. Water leaks usually takes alot of time to isolate..Is the carpet in your trunk wet too???
[/b]
Thx for ur advice. Yes, the whole carpet got wet as well as the big carpet underneath the small one.
Anyway, I'll try to find a place to test ur method n see where the water comes into the car.

Since the center of the carpet is the low spot, the water could be flowing to that point and it might not be the spot at all.

Use hillmar's plan - Find a friend, a hose that has a good flow and one of you get in the car while the other runs the water over it EVERYWHERE. Look under the dash, around all the seals and everwhere else you can to see if you can spot the entry point.
[/b]
I totally agree w/ ur point that the center of the carpet is the lowest point. Actually, the place in front of the driving seat just looks like a SINK. So when it first came to happen, I hv tried to touch the whole area with my bare hands to see which part or point would most likely be the entry. However, it disappoints me every time. There is only one place getting wet which is the center of the carpet. It seems that the water doesn't come from the sides of the doors, central dash board or the top of the foot pedals. U see, it's very annoying to hv those water when the rainy days come. It not only gets wet, but also the SMELL. ............................
Anyway, thx for ur advice.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So you baught a brand new car with no warrenty on it?
[/b]
Actually, my car was a 2nd hand one. It was imported by private dealer from Japan to HK. I bought it in 2005 and it was manufactured in 2003. So, there would be no warranty.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Actually, my car was a 2nd hand one. It was imported by private dealer from Japan to HK. I bought it in 2005 and it was manufactured in 2003. So, there would be no warranty.
[/b]
Check the manufacturer's warranty. I'm not sure how it works in HK, but in the USA the warranty on the 2003 model was 4 years/50,000 miles - and it didn't matter who the current owner was. If the mileage and years in service are wihtin the warranty period, a US dealer would have to service any warranty covered item.

But like I said - there may be different warranty rules for HK... this will all depend on whether there is an Authorized Mazda Warranty Repair shop in HK - or if the warranty is even valid in HK. You should be able to contact Mazda about specifics on any warranty info - terms, availability, etc.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
In the trunk, under the spare tire you have 2 holes sealed by a rubber. Check the seals

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Check the manufacturer's warranty. I'm not sure how it works in HK, but in the USA the warranty on the 2003 model was 4 years/50,000 miles - and it didn't matter who the current owner was. If the mileage and years in service are wihtin the warranty period, a US dealer would have to service any warranty covered item.

But like I said - there may be different warranty rules for HK... this will all depend on whether there is an Authorized Mazda Warranty Repair shop in HK - or if the warranty is even valid in HK. You should be able to contact Mazda about specifics on any warranty info - terms, availability, etc.
[/b]
In HK, we have an authorizd Mazda repair shop but they dont provide any service if the car is imported from any countries by an unautorized dealer even though the car is still having warranty from its own country. So people buying such cars would have no warranty at all even other brands, like Toyota, Honda or Nissan.

In the trunk, under the spare tire you have 2 holes sealed by a rubber. Check the seals

[/b]
Thx for ur photos and explanation. My car is suffering from "WATER" mainly on the carpets of the front and back seats at the Driver's side.
I'll try to take some photos if the leaks happen again. Then share them with u guys n see where the problem is.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts