Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys... I have researched a bit on that "Flash" thing, everyone is talking about. What exactly is it? I mean, I know it flashes your ECU... but does EVERYONE need it?

I have an 03 Mazda 6s MTX... do I need one? I mean, I just don't know what purpose it serves...

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think so... But my car already redlines at arnd 6750. Does this mean that the previous owner got that done?

But my shifts are still not smooth. It jerks big time when I"m shifting.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
Take a look at post # 4 in this tread. It will give you more info regarding this flash.

You should have a sticker on your hood/engine bay area if mazda already did it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Take a look at post # 4 in this tread. It will give you more info regarding this flash.

You should have a sticker on your hood/engine bay area if mazda already did it.
[/b]
if i have an 05 6s MTX is this something that i need to worry about or is it just for older models?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually, my car redlines at 6550... +- 50. It doesn't even go all the way to 6730 as some of the others do. I checked that out today...

EDIT: I just way two blue stickers but the campaign number on both of em is different. And it DOES NOT say anything even close to MSP10... So, I don't know what I should do. :(

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
if i have an 05 6s MTX is this something that i need to worry about or is it just for older models?
[/b]
Did you check out the PDF file in that link that I gave you? Check the VIN number on that PDF file to see if your car is included or not.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, my car IS included in the PDF. I have two stickers by the engine bay, but none of them says anything even close to what the PDF file mentions... :(

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
Yes, my car IS included in the PDF. I have two stickers by the engine bay, but none of them says anything even close to what the PDF file mentions... :(
[/b]
Well, if you want the flash then print out the PDF and take it to the dealership.

Some people are against this flash because "supposedly" lower the redline. But I'm pretty happy with the flash.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My redline is already pretty low! When my cousin had his 6, his redline was around 7k also... but mine is between 6550 -6600.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts