Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has had a rattling noise during slow acceleration, stopping, and some bumps since the day I bought it 2 years ago. It sounded like it was coming from the lower b pillar or at the bottom of the drivers side seat. I have seen several threads stating a similar issue.

I have made several failed attemps at finding it over the last year, but I have located and fixed the problem.

The noise is actually from the fuel door release line and is a very simple fix. I had to remove the front and rear door sill panels, plastic panel around the fuel door lever (may be able to go without removing, but makes it easier), as well as the lower b pillar cover. You will have to lift up on the carpet and may need to unclip the wiring harness in order to do that. This will expose the line as well as a wiring harness. I zip tied the 2 together to keep it from moving around but you could tape it to the floorboard if preferred.

I hope this write up helps at least one other person.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
wow u are amazing ! i just got that noise today and have been going nuts trying to figure out wtf it was ! gonna fix that this weekend !

THANK YOU

·
Lowspeed
6,280 Posts
nice post :)
It must of really really pissed you off to dig that deep to find the rattle, and props to you for finding and fixing the problem

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
I have so many rattles...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts