Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Where are they posted? I remember seeing something back when I bought the switch from you but now can't seem to find it.

Finally have a day where both the weather being good and having a free day so want to tackle this. Where are these pics? Pulled the console apart a few weeks ago but could not tell off hand where the wire was or how to proceed (granted I was casually attempting it)

·
Registered
368 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Fixed !!

Pretty easy repair. The only thing (cant remember if it was noted anywhere) is that there is a metal "clip" that needs to be moved from the old switch to the new one. Be carefully removing it as mine went flying and it took me 5 min to find it

Reactions: zazoomster

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Bump for self-promotion. ;-)

·
Registered
76 Posts
i need one.

i wish i would of seen this sooner. dealer could never fix. can i still get one?

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Hi. Sorry for delay - at times the site stops sending me notifications. Yes, I do still have switches. They are $20, including shipping. Drop me a PM and I'll give you my PayPal info.

Thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
KARLT10 IS MIA! I'm still waiting after 6 weeks since payment. I'm ready to "escalate" dispute of "no shipment" of product from Seller with PayPal. Today is the last day Karl has to resolve this issue, and get it shipped (providing confirmed shipment documentation). Last contact I had from him was on 08/24, and he said he was shipping next day, in AM!

My wife died on 08/22 - *#@% happens!

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Sorry about that. Family issues and job issues going on. Will say i didn't realize I had withdrawn money from you on PayPal, but that is no excuse. Switch is on its way for free.

Very sorry about your wife. Won't even pretend I know what that must feel like.

Karl

·
Registered
76 Posts
Not sure where you sent it to, but haven't received it yet. If you send it to me, I'll send you the $20 via PayPal.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Thanks Karl for sending switch... not sure where you sent it to, but haven't received it yet. Instead, I've ordered from another source:Discount Auto Parts Online -- PartsGeek.com - Domestic & Import Auto Parts Warehouse With Shipping and Insurance @ $48.

Part I received does not look like part Kart attached to his posting. I probably don't have right part, then. Sucks. Dah, it's for 2.3 L, not V6..
Not sure what you are referring to..... My description clearly states my switch is to engage manual mode; it does not control the actual up/down shifts. Also, my switch is, without question, for the V6. Although I've sold it to at least 3-5 individuals who had the 4 cylinder and nobody has come back saying it did not work in the application, 90% of the sales have been for the V6 and NOBODY has ever said it did not fit. (Nor has anyone I sold it to on Ebay)

And yes, the part you received looks like what is in my post. I don't have any other parts to send out. Of any sort.... So, bullshit if you want to claim what you received is not what is clearly pictured in my post.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
And, Holy Crap!

Yahoo switched-back to blocking emails from this site. I didn't know it until a password reset for my water bill never came through tonight and I went looking in my Spam folder.

For everyone who emailed wanting a switch, I'll be replying to your messages.. And, thanks

Karl

·
Registered
76 Posts
PartsGeek.Com only has 2.3L Part, NOT V6!

Not sure what you are referring to..... My description clearly states my switch is to engage manual mode; it does not control the actual up/down shifts. Also, my switch is, without question, for the V6. Although I've sold it to at least 3-5 individuals who had the 4 cylinder and nobody has come back saying it did not work in the application, 90% of the sales have been for the V6 and NOBODY has ever said it did not fit. (Nor has anyone I sold it to on Ebay)

And yes, the part you received looks like what is in my post. I don't have any other parts to send out. Of any sort.... So, bullshit if you want to claim what you received is not what is clearly pictured in my post.
Slow down. Did you even read what I said? I NEVER received the switch you said you sent to me.

What I was saying is that I inadvertently bought a switch from PartsGeek.com and it was for the 2.3L, not the V-6.

Yes, my car is the V6, with Auto Trans - and it slips out of manual mode all the time. I'm just trying to solve this problem without spending a fortune.

Do you still have the switch?

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Sorry folks. Life's been tossing curve balls lately. Not only that, but I was down to only 2 switches. Then I had a hard time finding switches. Mazda sells it only as part of a full shifter assembly, and I'd assume those are existing inventory. Evidently because of this the manufacturer is no longer producing the switch for Mazda. The 3 places I'd bought them in the past no longer has them available. I did find them through another source, and I have them to sell again.

Zero idea why the shop doesn't have them marked-up, but they don't. So, price and conditions all remain the same: For $20 you get 1 switch, and that includes USPS Priority Mail 2-3 day shipping. If you need 2, it's $30. That is to the continental US. Canada and elsewhere will depend on actual shipping costs and hassles there would be.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Sorry, misunderstood. And didn't realize you were waiting to order a switch. I'm not making squat on these, so I'll send you one no charge.

Kar

Slow down. Did you even read what I said? I NEVER received the switch you said you sent to me.

What I was saying is that I inadvertently bought a switch from PartsGeek.com and it was for the 2.3L, not the V-6.

Yes, my car is the V6, with Auto Trans - and it slips out of manual mode all the time. I'm just trying to solve this problem without spending a fortune.

Do you still have the switch?

·
Registered
742 Posts
Hey Karl, Mine tanked out a bit ago on my 04 as well. Came in searching for a quick fix vs whole shifter. :D

If you still have these I could use one. Sending PM.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Do you still have any of these switches?

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Hello., Yes, still $20. I've replied to your PM

21 - 40 of 42 Posts