Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really don’t have fat feet, just big (14M). My concern is that there’s not that much room between the right edge of the brake pedal and what would be the transmission hump in a RWD car (why is that there? Most FWD cars are pretty flat under the dash).
When I’m on the gas pedal, the right edge of my right foot is up against the carpeted area of the hump. It’s already showing some signs of wear. Had a good inch or more room there in my old Chrysler but still wore through after 15 years. If I move over a bit, I’m up against the edge of the brake pedal.
Anyone have any thoughts on something sacrificial to take the wear? I looked for a floor mat that went up that far on the sides but haven’t found anything like that. Open to suggestions (aside from getting new feet). Thanks.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Something thin and smooth, like a piece of plastic might work. Thin because you don't want to take up any extra room in the foot well. My feeling is you might wear right through any kind of floor mat that might fit in there.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
My concern is that there’s not that much room between the right edge of the brake pedal and what would be the transmission hump in a RWD car (why is that there? Most FWD cars are pretty flat under the dash).
If you're talking about a 3rd gen Mazda6 - there is a big spaghetti header / precat on the exhaust-side (i.e. back-side) of the transversely mounted engine that the firewall must accommodate. That's why there is a "transmission" hump evident on the inside of the car.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have no issues with my 14EEE's.
A) where do you find 14EEE’s? I’ve got a hard enough time with a 14D. And
B) I have to guess that the pedal positioning in the 2017 gives you a scoot more room than to 2020.

I’ll keep looking for something that’ll help without being visually and physically disturbing, or at least reversible.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
I drove a 2019 3 and a 2020 CX-5 auto and didnt have an issue either. My right foot heel is centered on the brake pedal and i rotate for the gas. Quite easy. Technically i dont wear a EEE since i wear tennis shoes, but thats the dress size i wear when i do.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts