Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to fit a front-facing child seat in the front passenger seat of my Mazda6.

The manual states that the official Mazda seats disable the passenger airbags automatically when fitted. Can this be done any other way than by buying an official (and expensive) Mazda child seat??

Regards,

Graham

·
Registered
85 Posts
The airbag automatically turns off when a certain weight is on there. I am not sure at which weight it turns off and then back on but I know this because when my backpack is filled and on the front seat the light under my climate controls goes on saying that the airbags have been turned off.

·
Registered
375 Posts
hmm according to almost every state law you should have your child in the back seat. it also says it on almost every car visor and in most manuals. id suggest for your own childs safety to put them in the back

·
Registered
313 Posts
hmm according to almost every state law you should have your child in the back seat. it also says it on almost every car visor and in most manuals. id suggest for your own childs safety to put them in the back
[/b]

ditto,
plus the rears got anchors for childseats. suggestion if you have leather place a thick padding under the car seat cuz it might leave indentations or scuff marks. fyi.

I would like to fit a front-facing child seat in the front passenger seat of my Mazda6.

The manual states that the official Mazda seats disable the passenger airbags automatically when fitted. Can this be done any other way than by buying an official (and expensive) Mazda child seat??

Regards,

Graham
[/b]

offical mazda child seats?

i believe the reason for the airbags being disabled is for when smaller under weight people sit up front and also if the seat is moved forward. not primarily for kids in car seats.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts