Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've bought some Alpine 5x7 speakers to replace some I have in the front (they are going to the rear instead)... however these are 7x5 rather than 6x8. will these fit easily or do they need to bit more work?

I have read on these forums that some space will be left around the speaker, thus impairing audio quality. Is this something that is easily rectified (i.e. by mounting the speaker on some other material first, to prevent gaps? Secondly, do i need to create any more holes for screws?

Hope that is clear to you all, its just that the 6x8/7x5 specification somewhat confuses me (they always seem to be paired together, in that 7x5 can fit in 6x8 and vice versa.

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
822 Posts
I think you mean 5x7??? if so then yes 5x7 and 6x8 are the same size and shouldn't be any gaps around the speakers when you install the new ones...i

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks! can't wait to get the alpines installed in the front.

I was going to split the power going to the fronts, and reroute to the rears so that i'd get full range on them, but from what I've heard the way the speaker setup should be is best at the front, and use the rears as fillers, so I don't think i'll bother anymore.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts