Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at winter tire packages, and had some questions. Is anyone driving a stock 6 with 18' factory wheels now? What do you put on in winter?
Some guys at the dealership actually said there may be fit problems with the 16' steel rim onto the axle as the brake-pads may be too large. Then their technicians said it'd be fine.
The dealership is asking for 953 for a set, installed, with wheels and Toyo 205 60/r/16 tires....
I talked to someone at Wheels Direct, and they're offering Toyo Go2, or something like that, didn't catch the name fully. If I got the wheels from the dealership and the tires from somewhere else, it comes to pretty much the same thing plus/minus 50 bucks...
I'm just worried about the fit of the tires into the wheel wells, and any other issues that I should be aware of...

Sorry for another winter tire post...but it is that time of year... :)

·
Registered
682 Posts
The person at the dealership may have been thinking about the Speed6, which has 18" wheels and bigger brakes than the rest of us "commoners" :p

So, to my knowledge, unless you're driving a Speed6, the 16" steelies will fit.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
that's correct
u ll have to verify the offset though depending where ur buying the wheels

·
Registered
356 Posts

16" Steelies... the day before they came off last winter.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
u guys are crazy
go for 19's

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
too bad u dont have the best looking car

j/k

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As always, thanks for the input everyone. I did not in fact think to see that the dealer may have been talking about the speed6, which would make all the sense in the world :)

Where do you guys get your rubber?

·
Registered
797 Posts
I got 17 inch steelies gotta roll big

Sooo Pimp

but i wont lie i miss my rims already miss the chrome!

u guys are crazy
go for 19's
[/b]

haha your thinking about a next level eh 19's i like this guy gotta roll BIIIIG

·
Registered
682 Posts
Rubbers? Shopper's Drug Mart :p

Tires? So far, only at the dealer. Next set may come from Active Green+Ross here in Waterloo.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
I'm just glad that I don't have the most ridiculous looking car, aka with rear lip but stock base model front bumper.

j/k :D
[/b]

Maybe you don't have the body package, but you did run all year on 16" steel wheels. :nana:

Anyway guys here are the BIG BAD 15"s

·
Registered
412 Posts
^^ haha, awesome, love the "truck tire" look. look at all the sidewall :drool:

i agree, i would go with 15s if i didnt already have the 16" steelies. lots cheaper, probably performs better too.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
The 15's with those tires are 5lbs lighter per corner than the stock wheels and tires. Save gas, better braking, and handling.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Maybe you don't have the body package, but you did run all year on 16" steel wheels. :nana:
Anyway guys here are the BIG BAD 15"s

[/b]
damn .. that reminds me I have 15" too .. my car is gonna look like crap with those 15" steelies :( ... maybe wheel covers can ease my pain

1 - 20 of 31 Posts