Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
picked up the lift saturday.. installed it myself sunday..
finally off my back for automotive work.. shell have the rollin jack soon for suspension.wheel work
no more creepers..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
:huh:
I'm kinda confused regarding this thread... Are you talking about oil change, about the ramp or about your RX-7 or a combination of those?

·
Registered
210 Posts
:huh:
I'm kinda confused regarding this thread... Are you talking about oil change, about the ramp or about your RX-7 or a combination of those?
[/b]
Hrmmm... me too. If I had to guess, what he's trying to say is that he now has access to a lift and had the opportunity to do an oil change standing up.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sorry for the confusion and thanks for the clarification...
shouldnt be postin that early before coffee...
;)

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Wow. What's the garage look like? Is it attached to the house or freestanding like a barn kind of deal? I'm beyond jealous :D What's a lift like that cost?

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
attached garage.. need to finish up on the insulation.sheetrock.painting..
then do the floors.. lift runs a bit above 2k with accessories uninstalled...

·
Registered
919 Posts
Shit, i'd rather lay on my back with my $14 ramps than spend 2k on a garage lift, but that's just me. Anyway, pretty cool though.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I use my buddy's lift all the time. From changing oil to installing my springs and other parts, it's well worth it.
[/b]

Heck yeah - if you work on cars a lot, you NEED a lift. There's just some things that are way easier with a lift or near impossible without one. $2K is a steal for a nice lift like this. I only wish my wife would let me...

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
lifts are nice. thats why i like working with the lifts at school :)
[/b]
Or if you're in the Air Force like me, my base has a garage that has 14 lifts. It's a brand new facility with brand new Snap-On tools in our CTK. You guys should fly to Alaska, I'll get you in on a lift in no time! ;)

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
attached garage.. need to finish up on the insulation.sheetrock.painting..
then do the floors.. lift runs a bit above 2k with accessories uninstalled...
[/b]

Can we get some more pics of the whole setup? I'd love to see how it all fits and whatnot.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
before and after pics day of the install..
free standing deck above is not finished.. doors will be extended..
some of the bigger tools needs to be transfered to a shed.. cherry picker.. stand.. buffers.. etc

Attachments

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Sweet, you got the nice high ceiling in there, that's nice. Unfortunately my bedrooms are above my garage and the ceiling in there's not very high. Very nice setup.

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
No option for arms rather than the drive-on kinda? Either way, so much easier for doing many jobs on the car!

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
rollin jack available with arms.. lifts the car for suspension and wheel work..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts