Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So. Next week I'm getting the first free 1000 km service. (I've driven 1500 km though).

These things must be fixed:

* I have an annoying vibrating sound from the dash just on top of the speedo/tacho.
* There is a plastic cover under the side of the car, preventing stones from hitting the car and creating noise. It's about to fall off... (Something's wrong with a couple of the clips). This means, there are holes wide open into the thresholds. Imagine this in winter time...
* There is a small lid in the side of the trunk that doesn't fit correctly.
* Moisture in the headlights (it has disappeared, but I will have it in the records)
* Smell from the exhaust cleaning system. (Probably nothing wrong, but I want that in the records too).

Other than that the darn car works just fine!

* Oh, and I'm gonna have my winter tyres replaced. I found out my dealer stored them in the display window all summer!!!! (My very tyres!!!!!!!!!!!) That takes years off the life-span...

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Replying to Topic 'First service'

Hmm I've noticed the headlight problem with a couple of people on here now. Looks like first thing I'll be doing with mine is sealing the headlights if this keeps up.

That's kind of my pet peeve, moisture in the headlight. On my old car I put strobes in the headlights. It was caulked but unfortunately it wasn't enough to keep moisture out. I spent the next 3 days or so on and off sealing over with coats of sealant so this would not happen again. And until the halflife of this car it never did happen again :D

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

Not only a pet peeve over here in the states, a car with moisture in it's headlights won't pass inspection.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Actually, when I got this car, it had been washed clean from transportation, then it was driven to the company that did the paint coat treatment. There it was washed again, then treated. After that, it was driven back to my dealer who - naturally - washed it again to make sure it was really clean on delivery.

This makes THREE cleaning moments in 24 hours.

So, there was a little moisture (but very little) in the headlights when we took it out in the winter cold (from the dealer's warm showroom).

It completely vanished in a couple of days.

Today I'm getting my car hand washed at the company who did the paint treatment (after getting that treatment, it's even cheaper to let them hand wash it than using an automatic car wash facility).

I'll let you know what happens, if the moist gets back or not.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts