Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I got on the car today and it is flat as Hell. When I build boost I can hear an exhaust leak that sounds like it's right under my shifter. I can smell unfiltered exhaust gases at idle so I'd have to say the problem is pre-cat. I have a full CP-E system.
I guess I'm hoping something just came loose. Have their exhausts been know to fail ???:mad::(

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Well I got on the car today and it is flat as Hell. When I build boost I can hear an exhaust leak that sounds like it's right under my shifter. I can smeel unfiltered exhaust gases at idle so I'd have to say the problem is pre-cat. I have a full CP-E system.
I guess I'm hoping something just came loose. Have their exhausts been know to fail ???:mad::(
It sounds like the DP came detached from the cb section. Is it possible one of the bolts broke off there? Did you bottom out bad recently? Maybe whoever installed it didn't tighten them properly? I'd get under there to see if it's something obvious like that. Hopefully it's just that, and you can have it bolted up right... by someone else.

Reactions: redmica307

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope it's that easy.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Probably came loose. Just get under the car and check out the connection of the catback to the midpipe.

·
Registered
615 Posts
So much air is flowing that it prob. separated the hot piping leading to a combustion in turn busting the bolts right off, kinda like our rear diff, lol. Good luck man, prob. a loose bolt, can't imagine there's a leak, how many miles U at?

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
So much air is flowing that it prob. separated the hot piping leading to a combustion in turn busting the bolts right off, kinda like our rear diff, lol. Good luck man, prob. a loose bolt, can't imagine there's a leak, how many miles U at?
Say that again, but in English this time. lol j/k

·
Registered
548 Posts
yes, please in english and explain what type of combustion would happen outside of the combustion chamber. :)

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
LOL!!!

I read this and lol'd. Then, I read it again and lol'd twice.

Not because of your suggestion, but because I thought I was on engrish.com for second! Lmao!

·
Registered
710 Posts
I second with going under the car and checking for the obvious. After I installed my TP, I retightened everything after I drove it the same day. Even after that, I still had a hairline leak so I tightened that again and no more leaks. Normally with any exhaust installation, the directions say to retighten everything after normal driving due to heating and cooling properties and all that mumbo jumbo.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea, when the rain stops I am getting under this thing....it literally made me dizzy yesterday in the car.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I LOVE YOUR SIGNATURE SO MUCH, you can see the crazy in his eyes.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^^^^:) Snooki got smoked.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
I LOVE YOUR SIGNATURE SO MUCH, you can see the crazy in his eyes.
Lol, I think I saw him at Waterworks one time. He does look crazy, but he also looks like a dirty drunk and a roid-head. If that clip is real, he's also gonna be someone's pin cushion at his state's local penitentury.

^^^^:) Snooki got smoked.
OP, how do you like the CPE DP? Notice huge gains w/ the TB exhaust?

·
Registered
548 Posts
Doug, i can't believe you don't know where this clip is from. this is a real clip and MTV got shit for airing it and had to put a bunch of "domestic violence" and "assault" PSA's after they showed it. It's from Jersey Shore and Snookie did get nailed ha ha ha. "hey, don't drink those shots" BANG!!!!

i literally keep laughing every time i see it.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Doug, i can't believe you don't know where this clip is from. this is a real clip and MTV got shit for airing it and had to put a bunch of "domestic violence" and "assault" PSA's after they showed it. It's from Jersey Shore and Snookie did get nailed ha ha ha. "hey, don't drink those shots" BANG!!!!

i literally keep laughing every time i see it.
Never seen it man... I don't watch MTV. You can tell me more about it tomorrow.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OP, how do you like the CPE DP? Notice huge gains w/ the TB exhaust?
Bought the car that way. BUT I do notice a HUGE difference in the car when I run the AMR tune vs. the COBB stage 2+.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
So I finally got under her today. 3 of the 4 bolts that connect the header to the down pipe were missing. She goes to Cooley Mazda tomorrow at 7:30 AM.....thank God for the 100k mile warranty good until 2013. :)

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Wait?!?
They will honor a warranty with all those mods????
I need to move there!

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Wait?!?
I need to move there!
All my power mods are reversible in a couple hours. I don't have a DP and here's why: I'm also covered to 2013/100K ;)

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wait?!?
I need to move there!

I have an APCO warranty....the dealer doesn't care that the car is modded. They get paid the same. Slip em a $20 and they'll take care of you. :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts