Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
drilled hole

i read that diy thread on here but it helped me none, i assume the apexi one is, different? and are the 07 ign wiring different? anyway after some swipes with the multimeter
black w/ yellow = 12v
solid blue = ign 1
black w/ white = ign 2

mounted

working

lock/unlock on remote work, update if fans kick on or not

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive got me old t04e sittin in teh garage but i dunno if i want to slap it on or not. but cmon ima look so cool now omgawsh

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
horrible first mod (or just horrible mod) Sad Tuba

Reactions: IHeartGroceries

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
im just kidding, its your car.. if you feel its necessary.. dooeet

·
Registered
123 Posts
Well I thought your install looked very nice. Thanks for all the pics. Will the pocket still close w/ the TT in there?

·
Lowspeed
6,280 Posts
I admit some confusion here-

Personally, I'm not a timer guy, I'm a cool down the last mile or so person, or just idle for a minute or two, depending.

I understand the K04 we use to be oil cooled, and that it's best to not drive like hell then shut down to not coke the oil in the turbo.

I understand that is the goal of a TT- to automate the cool down/ shut down process.

Although I do this myself, and would not purchase a TT, why is it being called a "Not Needed" mod when the need to cool the oil is still there?

For the OP-
Nice pics and not a half bad write up- thanks for the time & effort.

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
Well she's oil and water cooled. And like you said, about all it takes is a minute or so of taking it easy before you park it. Or, if you've been roughing it up immediately before you park, 30 seconds of idle time.

Reactions: triplejumper18

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Well she's oil and water cooled. And like you said, about all it takes is a minute or so of taking it easy before you park it. Or, if you've been roughing it up immediately before you park, 30 seconds of idle time.
I can't think of a single time where I got done beating on the car and didn't have 30+ seconds without being in boost before turning the car off. Even drag racing you have to drive down the return road after making a pass before you can stop and turn the car off.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Wow, my driving habits must be way different than all of yours. Usually, I'll be blasting down the highway WOT from 1st to 5th; when I'm at about 5500 on the tachometer, about to shift into 6th, I just shut the car off.

Saves the synchros on 6th AND makes me look totally bad ass.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Don't fret over these guys, Dood. Your car, you're mods. Very clean install. Nice write up, too. Although, there is always a free alternative to cooling down the turbo before shut-off. I'm always on the run and never sit in my car for a minute for the cool down. Instead, when I getting closer to where I'm going I lay off the boost and let here do her thing.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
soooo boosting into my parking spot at work (or driveway) is bad?

<_<

·
Registered
45 Posts
I admit some confusion here-

Personally, I'm not a timer guy, I'm a cool down the last mile or so person, or just idle for a minute or two, depending.

I understand the K04 we use to be oil cooled, and that it's best to not drive like hell then shut down to not coke the oil in the turbo.

I understand that is the goal of a TT- to automate the cool down/ shut down process.

Although I do this myself, and would not purchase a TT, why is it being called a "Not Needed" mod when the need to cool the oil is still there?

For the OP-
Nice pics and not a half bad write up- thanks for the time & effort.

this is what i do

·
Lowspeed
6,280 Posts
soooo boosting into my parking spot at work is bad?

lolz-

My wife seems to think so :)
then again, my driveway is third gear qualified and has seen 60+

not the longest driveway here, but do have some room to stretch out

edit- darn it the email still showed driveway, not parking space... lolz

·
Registered
231 Posts
Why is everyone beating up on this guy? Sure it's not the most necessary mod but it can't hurt and it's a very clean install. I'm a fan.

Plus I know there have been times where I've been late for something (Work, Class Cocaine smuggling... etc) and I've drove hard and didn't really give the egine anytime to cool down. I hate doing that.

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
I definitely don't want to create the impression that I'm beating up on the guy. It's his car, for sure. And yeah, it's a nice install. But, I was just trying to reinforce to anybody who may not already know, that it's not a necessary mod. Perhaps not even worthwhile. But, opinions are like assholes.

Reactions: AtTheDriveIn

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
lolz-

My wife seems to think so :)
then again, my driveway is third gear qualified and has seen 60+

not the longest driveway here, but do have some room to stretch out

edit- darn it the email still showed driveway, not parking space... lolz
haha must be nice.. 40 roll run to the garage haha...

i changed it because it clicked in my mind that boosting thru the neighborhood is douchy

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Why is everyone beating up on this guy? Sure it's not the most necessary mod but it can't hurt and it's a very clean install. I'm a fan.

Plus I know there have been times where I've been late for something (Work, Class Cocaine smuggling... etc) and I've drove hard and didn't really give the egine anytime to cool down. I hate doing that.
If you think people are beating up on this guy then my name is Don Givafuk.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts