Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is my second thread. When I get a good working camera I'll take pics of my car. Anyway, what would this community suggest that my first few mods for my silver '07 6i be. I have tinted windows and new mufflers. I was thinking of HID headlights but I heard you have to take off your front bumper to get it done. Cold air intake? I'm looking to add a littler more performance/horsepower. As far as I know the 6i has 165/170 hp stock. What could add 30/35 HP? CAI add about what, 10? Anything else would be welcome. Thanks. (Oh yeah, I guess performance chips do not work)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Your a little off on your numbers there but it's ok cause your a noob. Get a cai which will increase hp by 4 or 5 and headers with a full exhaust if you want about fifteen hp. You probably aren't going to get more than 25 with just bolt on mods. Get a turbo if you want some real hp. Also go with the HID lights. Get them from ddm tuning. They're only 45 bucks with shipping and they're well worth it. The bumper takes like fifteen minutes to take off by the way. If you plan on getting an extra 30/35 hp then you better be willing to take your car apart.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
The 2007 6i only had 156hp. Gaining 30hp or more at the crank MIGHT be possible, but putting 30 more hp at the wheels with just bolt-on mods is damn near impossible.

Headers will run you $300-$400, I think, and the full exhaust will probably be about the same if you have it custom made at a shop. I don't think anybody makes a pre-packaged full exhaust systems. There are pre-packaged catbacks, but those don't give any power increases. IIRC, even the full exhaust might not give that much of a power increase.

Taking off the bumper for the HID install is ridiculously easy, so don't worry about that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So if I go to DDM tuning, as listed above and Here, What all do I need to purchase. Harness, Adaptor, Error Elim? I like the blue tint so I'm thinking of going with the 35 watt 8-10K. Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
156 HP does not seem like much but it is fun to drive. Although, All I have ever driven were an F-150, Explorer and Ranger.

·
Registered
335 Posts
i have the same car as you and my first mod was an injen cai and i love it! when i get on it it sounds greatttt. and i deff noticed a good power difference.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts