Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I spose it had to happen one day, but not after only 8 months.
I was driving in heavy traffic, outbound on the Tullamarine Fwy, when I was hit by behind.
I was doing about 30-40kmh and the car that crashed into the back of me was doing up to the same speed.
I got out expecting major damage, but cosmetically, all I could see was where his front number plate had cracked my rear bumper bar, by about 2.5cm.
Went to get quotes - ranged from $1100- to $2000. I was told that after any rear end accident, they have to replace the bar behind the bumper. This costs $120 and is purely to be used once, then replaced.
Car will be off the road FOR ONE WEEK, and in my disgust, I am taking a week off and going on a holiday to Brisbane. Only parts that are required are rear bumper and rear bar. A bit of panel beating has to be done cause the back of the car has been moved by about 5mm or so, and now the boot lid hinge sticks a little bit when first opening.
Insurance company says lifetime warranty on repairs, but I will wait and see. If I am not happy, then I will get the first upgrade to the 6.

MM6:(

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Reading Topic: First accident

Dont worry and thanks for your kind words.
You guys will be the first to know.

I drop the car off after work on Friday 2 May, then I am off to Brisbane for a holiday, return to Melb on the afternoon of Thursday 8 May, and pick up the car the following morning.
My local Mazda dealer recommended the repairer, and the repairer is also authorised by AAMI too, so hopefully, I wont have to sell the car when I get it back.
There is no point taking photos, cause the damage is behind the bumper and cannot be seen clearly with a camera.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Reading Topic: First accident

Some mofo ass-ended me too, it wasn't that big a deal - just a small dent in the rear bumper, got a quote of $400ish to sand and mix/match paints. But it's not really visible and they want my car for 3 days so I haven't got it fixed yet...

-- Rainchild

1 - 8 of 8 Posts