Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im currently installing an amp and will be installing such mods as neons under the hood, fog lights etc.. I need to find a good place to run these wires through the firewall. Does anybody have any pics or can you tell me where you ran them through?

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
There are many posts about this in the audio forum...

THere is a rubber grommit under the drivers side where the main wiring harness comes through. There is room in the side of the rubber grommit.

·
Registered
168 Posts
IF u us that make sure u don'mt do like it did and cut one of the wires going through the wall. that was like a 2hr repair for a 2sec mistake

Shadow 6

·
Registered
54 Posts
OMG Jibberish!!
[/b]

HeHe - Jibberish.....maybe, but good advice none the less. A lot of wires run through that grommet, and man that would suck having to find and fix the one you accidentally exposed by scraping it with a screwdriver. I think Shadow may have gotten off easy only having to spend 2 hrs to fix. What a nightmare.

I squeeeezed a 2 gauge power cable through that same grommet and it went pretty easy. Good spot to go through.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HeHe - Jibberish.....maybe, but good advice none the less. A lot of wires run through that grommet, and man that would suck having to find and fix the one you accidentally exposed by scraping it with a screwdriver. I think Shadow may have gotten off easy only having to spend 2 hrs to fix. What a nightmare.

I squeeeezed a 2 gauge power cable through that same grommet and it went pretty easy. Good spot to go through.
[/b]

no leak or humidity problems?? I've seen the gromet, looks like there are a couple layers to it. Got any pics?

Also I need to run some power wires through for my neons, know of any distrubution blocks with fuse hookups? Im thinking I need aprox. 10 small guage (18) runs and 15 amp fuses. (going to add ps2 and lcds to trunk.)

·
Registered
304 Posts
here it is

see the white plastic w/ the green and yellow wires? tahts the one i think most of us are talking about, those wires are for my fog lights. take out the battery to see the plastic from the engine bay.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
here it is

see the white plastic w/ the green and yellow wires? tahts the one i think most of us are talking about, those wires are for my fog lights. take out the battery to see the plastic from the engine bay.
[/b]

Thank You! That helps allot!! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
6 Participants
timmyshwagg
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing