Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Its not to my liking, but to each their own. If you like it that's all that matters.

·
Super Moderator
17,214 Posts
Love the creativity. Personally wouldn't have it on my car but if you like it, keep it!

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
looking for some feed back.

I love it. What gave you the idea/inspiration? It makes me regretfull of just painting mine a simple baby-blue, lol. I have been thinking of re-doing mine. Consider yours inspiration. How did you do it, i.e type of paints & what not. Time for me to start brain-storming ideas...h
@kANAkSz, what you think, you always got good ideas. My baby blue is tired. Lol

·
Registered
597 Posts
I love it. What gave you the idea/inspiration? It makes me regretfull of just painting mine a simple baby-blue, lol. I have been thinking of re-doing mine. Consider yours inspiration. How did you do it, i.e type of paints & what not. Time for me to start brain-storming ideas...h
@kANAkSz, what you think, you always got good ideas. My baby blue is tired. Lol
Yo thats pretty sicc. Reminds me of the Garage Boso monster samurai character with a mix of Maori facial tatoos.Haha.NZ...my home away from home.

That must have taken a while to do but its,as Fat Bastard would,DAMN SEXY!...haha

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the steps

I took the heat shield off and sanded the shit out of it. then laid 2 coats of primer in black then 2 in gray and finally 4 in white. sanding between each coat. next with the white primer i penciled in the transfer and then hand painted the face and rising sun. when painting the face i started with the dark colors and worked up to the lightest. last step was painting the gold and silver accents. then to ensure that the paint would stay and not flake i did 5 or 6 coats of high gloss clear wet sanding between coats. lastly i polished it with wax, and thats all. took about a day.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts