Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it only took me an hour and 1/2 to do. Not too shabby. The hardest part for me was getting the stock air silencer out. But after that it was smooth sailing! Here are some pics. I took the car out for a test drive, and boy what a difference! The growl out of it was really nice, and the car just wanted to go. :seeya: And I did it all in between rain storms. Any comments are nice to hear.

Attachments

·
Registered
344 Posts
So it only took me an hour and 1/2 to do. Not too shabby. The hardest part for me was getting the stock air silencer out. But after that it was smooth sailing! Here are some pics. I took the car out for a test drive, and boy what a difference! The growl out of it was really nice, and the car just wanted to go. :seeya: And I did it all in between rain storms. Any comments are nice to hear.
[/b]
looks great, and you must be loving the results, Did you protect the abs harness?

btw mine took me like 5 to 6 hours

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looks great, and you must be loving the results, Did you protect the abs harness?

btw mine took me like 5 to 6 hours
[/b]
Ok. So I just looked at the clock. It took 2 and a half. Still not bad. I didn't have any foam to protect the abs harness. I wanted to get this done. I have to go to home depot or something to pick up some insulator stuff. What do you recommend?

·
Registered
497 Posts
Ok. So I just looked at the clock. It took 2 and a half. Still not bad. I didn't have any foam to protect the abs harness. I wanted to get this done. I have to go to home depot or something to pick up some insulator stuff. What do you recommend?
[/b]
That greyish colored pipe insulation works perfect. It already comes tube shaped and all you need to do is cut it for the length you need.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Huh? I thought the way the brake harness is secured on top of the heat shield plate is sufficient protection for the ABS harness.

:headscrat:
[/b]
I believe it's just for added protection. Read a thread that the guys abs harness was getting worn. You know as they say...Defense...Defense.. :yesnod:

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
http://www.mazda6tech.com/index.php?option...&id=35&Itemid=0

I can see where insulating the brake harness comes in handy when the harness is in contact with the induction filter and subjected to rubbing/vibration. However, the way the CP-E kit ties down the harness is sufficient protection IMHO. Being tied down at the top of the heat shield isolates the harness from any rubbing whatsoever.

BTW if you look at the other harnesses and wiring in the car, you'll notice that they're tied down similarly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
dawei213
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing