Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today my dad signed the paper. I 8 weeks it will come. A red (non metallic) Mazda6 2.3 Sport estate. Sorry to say, it will have a hook (hmm don't know the real eng. term... A piece of metal that you connect trailers to :D ). But I can live with that!!! I was really surprised as my parents where >this< close to buy a Laguna II estate yesterday. We have a Laguna "1" estate now and i think i looks lik a hot-dog-stand or something. The new Laguna on the other hand, looks like a... strange car.... Just don't like the way that rear end narrows...

But we got the 6´instead!!! Now I'm reallt happy. The only thing that could have been better with the Laguna is that it had a 5gear AT with sequential style shifting... The 6 only comes with the AT in the 4WD version i Sweden. That would otherwise have been really neat :D.

Looking forward :D

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Finally!'

Originally posted by Blackbird

Today my dad signed the paper. I 8 weeks it will come. A red (non metallic) Mazda6 2.3 Sport estate. Sorry to say, it will have a hook (hmm don't know the real eng. term... A piece of metal that you connect trailers to :D ). But I can live with that!!! I was really surprised as my parents where >this< close to buy a Laguna II estate yesterday. We have a Laguna "1" estate now and i think i looks lik a hot-dog-stand or something. The new Laguna on the other hand, looks like a... strange car.... Just don't like the way that rear end narrows...

But we got the 6´instead!!! Now I'm reallt happy. The only thing that could have been better with the Laguna is that it had a 5gear AT with sequential style shifting... The 6 only comes with the AT in the 4WD version i Sweden. That would otherwise have been really neat :D.

Looking forward :D[/b]
Congratulations! (Grattis!)

The wagon (herrgårdsmodellen) is beutiful. I saw one in red just on thursday night on the pre-launch here in my hometown.

Finally, blackbird (äntligen...eller hur?)

Now the hard wait begins!

:D

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

...oh one more thing: the "hook" as you call it is of a type that can be removed when not being used, and replaced with a cover plastic bar. Makes it "go away"...

·
Registered
305 Posts

Congratulations, Steve! I'm sure you're excited!

In the USA, we call those "hooks" trailer hitches.

I won't go so far as to say "in English," since the Brits have their own wacky version of the language (you'd think they invented it or something!). They call car trunks "boots," which we all know are what you wear on your feet when walking in the snow, and they call card hoods "bonnets," which of course are the little hats you put on babies.

Odd lot, those Brits. :)

..Denny
(Whose Grandmother is actually English, so I can joke about these things.)

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

No it's the non-removable version. I guess my dad don't trust these new things ;D (nymodigeheter som det heter på svenska :D)

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Det kan på sätt och vis vara ett klokt beslut. Jag har haft en löstagbar kula på min 626:a de senaste tre åren. Den har funkat bra, men jag har hört att en del som inte tagit loss den mellan varven råkat ut för att den rostat fast - och då går bilen inte genom besiktningen...

///to you non-swedish types in here, I just told Blackbird about my trailer hitch, the removable type...///

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by DennyA

Congratulations, Steve! I'm sure you're excited!

In the USA, we call those "hooks" trailer hitches.

I won't go so far as to say "in English," since the Brits have their own wacky version of the language (you'd think they invented it or something!). They call car trunks "boots," which we all know are what you wear on your feet when walking in the snow, and they call card hoods "bonnets," which of course are the little hats you put on babies.

Odd lot, those Brits. :)

..Denny
(Whose Grandmother is actually English, so I can joke about these things.)[/b]
Denny, I think you're mixing me and Blackbird up...;)

Anyway, I ordered my 6 hatch in early July. Mine is due in october, but I don't know an exact delivery date as of yet....

So, you're partly british? Jolly good, ol' chap!!

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by Matt Mazda

Grattis! :p  

But uhm....non metallic red?? :([/b]
I've seen it - it looks great. But in many ways metallic colors are better, that's true.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I liked the red metallic (or mica?) but it wasn't available on the 2.3 in Sweden. But "Ferrari red"-ish isn't bad. The one in the store was red and, I agree with Steve, it looks really good!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts