Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a bit more than 6 weeks, I finally drove home my very own Mazda 6 on Saturday. : ) As everyone knows, my colour choice went from Sonic Blue to the Dark Grey but finally took the Glacier Silver.

After seeing the silver in sunlight, and the fact that it is much easier to keep clean and also I could not wait another 5-8 weeks for the Dark Grey, I decided on the silver. I been enjoying the car ever since. Even though I am still breaking it in, the car is a joy to drive around turns, on ramp and the esses.

The day I took delivery was grey and overcast plus there was some sprinkling. Made some shots that day but it was terrible. It was dark and the car has some water beads on it.

So here is some shots I took on a beautifu Sunday afternoon after my 1.5 hour of handwash. Enjoy. I still need lots of practice taking digital photos. But if anyone has suggestion I would love to hear it. I am using an Olympus C4040 which is a 4MP camera but I am using at 3MP settings and high detail compression. But the colour seem wash out.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Reading Topic: Finally took delivery of my Mazda 6!

Nice camera and nice car :) BUT on the third pic - doesn't the tailpipes look a little small? Maybe the angle..

·
Registered
64 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Finally took delivery of my Mazda 6!'

hey hieppo..

sweet ride!!!!

i pick mine up tomorrow afternoon. i got the same one as you. we might need to start a club here in toronto.

i can't wait to pick it up!!!!

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Where did you get yours deeblue1??

Did you get yours tinted as well? What was your out the door price?

Yeah a club would be awesome of all the M6 owners in the the GTA.

·
Registered
980 Posts

Congrats, Hieppo the car looks awesome. I have a question, is that your real license plate?
P.S. I would love to be part of a Toronto Mazda 6 club.

·
Registered
64 Posts

hey gta... (hieppo and chindo)

that's what i was going to ask you hieppo. you got yours tinted already?

i got mine at avante mazda in richmond hill and got bare min off at $34Gs and they threw in a few things including the sports grille.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Yep. I got my tint through the dealership because my last tint on my previous car was a horrible experience. I can never trust it again. I rather pay a bit more for a quality job and also lifetime warranty. The last tint turned purple on me. It was yucky. If this tint turns colour on me, I will be back to the dealers for them to replace the tint.

Anyway, I love to have a meeting. I put up a thread asking who is in GTA but it died. I will put it up again and see if we can get a small group to meet.

As you can see, I got mine at Westowne Mazda, Mississauga (plate frame). No Chindo, that is not my actual plate. I had it phototouch with swirls. Nice job eh? :) Did not want to give off my true identity. :) However, if you see it, you can put two and two together who is driving it. :)

Deepblue, $34G out the door for the top of the line package is awesome? Or is that $34G before taxes and other fees (as in price of car)?

What free things did you get?

Mine before taxes is around $34G but as everyone knows I got MP3, sport grille, boot liner, all weather mats, tint, paint and rust protection and all the fees like PDI, freight, air tax, lux tax, license registration.

The sport grille and MP3 is backorder so I don't have it in the car yet. Stay tune for more pictures when they arrive.

Hiep

·
Registered
64 Posts

hey hieppo..

i'm sorry to mislead you.. 34Gs before taxes...my sports grille is on back order too. they say about 3 weeks. they also threw in wheel locks, which hopefully come in handy.

i also got the platinum 2 package for the car protection. all 5 protection shields in 1...i paid for it but i wouldn't sacrifice the beauty of the car...

well tomorrow is the day.....

btw..i'm hearing different stories on the grades of fuel to use in the car. what do you guys recommend?

as for doing an M6 meet in TO...that would be great. i ride a 2002 honda cbr600f4i and i meet with the guys on that forum all the time....

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

congrats.....hieppo u have the same car i have and also made the same choice i did

how dark are those tint? 35%?

:D

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Ichi, I am conservative. The tint is only 15%. Got to stick and abide by the law. :p

deepblue1, I am only using 87 (Regular) grade. If manufacture suggest me to use 87 then I will use it. Why should I pay more for fuel when it is not required. My dealer gave me a full tank of gas when I picked it up and it was 87 grade.
I was thinking of picking up a set off wheellocks but I don't think it is that useful. Not too many OEM wheel thiefs around here. Plus I think I can get a free set from my salesguy when I come in for my first visit. :D
deepblue1, chindo and the rest of the GTA fellows drop by the Canada forum and reply to the GTA meeting I posted up.

·
Registered
70 Posts

She's beautiful!

Congrats!

And I guess you aren't too worried that the driver's side windows doesn't have an 'auto-up' feature...

Have fun ridin' her!

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: Finally took delivery of my Mazda 6!

yellsoiwx, you remembered my rant about 'auto-up'. Yeah you right, it is a shame not having it but I don't care about it now once I start driving my baby. I just leave my window up and turn on the ACC. :)

I just love the handling of my baby! Droooooooool

·
Registered
64 Posts

okay...thanks for the info hieppo...

i was thinking of using mid grade gas. i know the 92 is not recommended...

today is the day....she's coming home!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts