Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally had enough time to take some pics clear day with my 20% tint.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
thats nice... but where are they.. hehe

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, I had to jump into photoshop to shrink them down to 100K.

Attachments

·
Registered
979 Posts
Looks very nice first one i have seen in that color!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Wow, getting by with just one letter and three numbers. Shows you how many people live in Rhode Island :p

Anyway, nice pics. I never knew that a red Speed can look that good :spin:

·
Registered
117 Posts
I've seen the Velocity Red in person, and thought it was really sharp, especially in the direct sunlight. It's an eye catching color for sure. If I'd seen the Velocity Red prior to purchasing my Titanium Gray, I'd have had a hard time deciding between the two. Have fun with it!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Beautiful Car! I guess I need a set of tints as some have suggested. I have the velocity red as well, and man those tints look good!!

·
Registered
129 Posts
A very sexy car to begin with, but even more so with that color. Great job on the tinting, that really makes the red stand out even more.

Congratulations!

:love: :drool:

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lookin nice, just lose the Red Sox license plate frame :thumbdn:
[/b]
Ha ha, must be a Yankee fan (2W-4L) :nana: But seriously, I have never put any sort of plate frame on any car I have owned. I despise them. I immediately removed the dealer sticker and plate frame. But I am really amped for Red Sox season and I decided to put one on for the season. And they've started 5-1! :D

Not a red guy , But I like it.
[/b]
I am really not big on red cars but in late 2004 I saw a picture of the velocity mica red Speed6 at an auto show and I was in awe. I told myself that if I ever upped to the Speed, I would get that red, and I did.

The car generates way too much attention on the streets. The Velocity Red Mica is like the Dr. Hyde of the Speed6 personality. In other colors the Speed6 is a sleeper, but this color makes it almost impossible to be a sleeper.

I have the best laughs when RX-8 owners almost crash when they crane their necks to see what the hell it is and curse the fact that Mazda made a Speed6 before a Speed RX-8. :) My second choice was white, because it's rare, even on regular the regular 6 and it looks stunning with tint. I thought about getting 15% tint, but I figured it would attract too much police attention. Tint is illegal here.

Other than a few tweaks, I plan on leaving it stock, unless I get wheels, which is a possibility.

·
Registered
194 Posts
"The car generates way too much attention on the streets. The Velocity Red Mica is like the Dr. Hyde of the Speed6 personality. In other colors the Speed6 is a sleeper, but this color makes it almost impossible to be a sleeper.

I have the best laughs when RX-8 owners almost crash when they crane their necks to see what the hell it is and curse the fact that Mazda made a Speed6 before a Speed RX-8."

I agree, everytime I drive my VR Speed (tinted by the dealership) I can't BELIEVE how much attention this car draws. People get that doofus jaw-drop look on their face and just gaze as I drive by. Male joggers in their 20's-30's, teenaged girls, junior high boys (shouting "nice car"), Arrow-sign ad dudes, full-size truck driving guys, even the random 300ZX driving middle-aged guys practically snap their necks getting a good look at my Speed.

And what blows me away about this is that here in Vegas there's NO shortage of sweet-ass cars to gawk at, so it's not like these people see nothing but Chevy Citations everyday. I see Ferrari's, Maserati's, Bentley's, Viper's, Mercedes McLaren SLR's, Porsche Carreta GT's, etc almost one of the above mentioned at least everyday. And yet people almost trip over their feet trying to catch a glimpse of my humble $28.5K Mazda.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
14 Participants
More cowbell
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing