Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[attachmentid=12535][attachmentid=12537][attachmentid=12549][attachmentid=12551][attachmentid=12557][attachmentid=12558]

I had the shity blk/gry combo when I bought the car (base model/cloth seats). Used plastic paint to convert interior to all black. Katzkin Blk/Charcoal 2 tone/perf seats. Blk cherrywood/chrome inserts custom dash kit. Custom fiberglassed deck enclosure. And other misc add on's. Tell me what u think?

Attachments

·
Registered
188 Posts
wow.... :love: shit looks hot . wut paint did u use to convert the plastic pieces? im guessin u even painted the lower dash? Any closer pics of the door panels and stuff?i was planning to do this on my plastic pieces but was afraid the paint wouldnt look good or that it would scuff off. After seeing yours i think ima go thru wit it. Any advice?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow.... :love: shit looks hot . wut paint did u use to convert the plastic pieces? im guessin u even painted the lower dash? Any closer pics of the door panels and stuff?i was planning to do this on my plastic pieces but was afraid the paint wouldnt look good or that it would scuff off. After seeing yours i think ima go thru wit it. Any advice?
[/b]
[attachmentid=12547]

I used the Krylon Fusion for plastics paint. Primered real good, many coats and a flat gloss for protection. I'm satisfied w/ the results. A hell of a lot better than the stock grey. Contrast in top/bottom of panel isn't that different in person either, even though the pic looks like b/c of sun.

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That custom deck enclosure look sweet but why no metra kit?
[/b]
Well I actually had a buddy do the fiberglass work about a year ago, and the metra kit hadn't came out yet. I really wanted the metra kit, but also I wanted a blk cherrywood piece to go over it, which wasn't offered.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Looks good! What dash kit did you use?

·
Registered
107 Posts
The seats and the color combo look really good. I think the custom head unit was well conceived, but does not work well with the styling of the stock HU. You have two competing styles going on there. 1: The minimalist (2 knobs and a LCD) look of the aftermarket HU 2: The innumerable, non-minimal look of the stock HU. I think the metra would have better suited your build. It would have also eliminated the obtrusiveness of the fiberglass enclosure (it sits a bit too high). I also think a black leather shift knob would have been a better choice. The one you unstalled gets lost in all of the glossiness and appears to be mounted a bit too high. You should really consider going all black with the steering wheel, even though you were probably trying to match the leather inserts in the seats.

On a second look of the aftermarket head unit and fiberglass mount, I noticed it is not as high as I originally thought. I still think Metra would have been a better option even if the fiberglass was already done.

Nice work!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Great job!! I really like the center stack upgrade and the seats look better than factory! Very nice. :yesnod:

Oh, and hey, how did you do the arm rests??? They look almost laquered or something. :headscrat:

·
Registered
406 Posts
Digging the seats man.

·
Registered
297 Posts
everything is kick ass but the head unit...c'mon do you wanna get jacked?...not to mention, it ruined the entire look of your interior...nevertheless, the seats and the way you color toned your interior is perfect...But damn, that head unit totally killed it...that's my opinion...

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
looks, hot, all of it. Good work :).

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Nice n clean like the exterior :)

What leather is that? Custom shop, or...? I have my two-tone leather waiting to be installed. Not sure though, if I will keep the car.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Where did you get that dash kit. I love it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nice n clean like the exterior :)

What leather is that? Custom shop, or...? I have my two-tone leather waiting to be installed. Not sure though, if I will keep the car.
[/b]
Katzkin leather from a local dealer.

Where did you get that dash kit. I love it.
[/b]
Combination of 2 kits from an online dealer, can't remember the name, but they all sell the same kits.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
About this Discussion
29 Replies
24 Participants
SGM6562
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing