Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a remote start installed that works awesome on my ‘16 M6. It works with the factory key fob (important to me since I don’t carry keys) AND the car DOES NOT shut off when you get in, which has always been a sticking point with Mazda’s. Here a quick video I took that shows what I installed and how it works:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Got a remote start installed that works awesome on my ‘16 M6. It works with the factory key fob (important to me since I don’t carry keys) AND the car DOES NOT shut off when you get in, which has always been a sticking point with Mazda’s. Here a quick video I took that shows what I installed and how it works:

Video isn't working, but details of the unit would be great!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
110 Posts
Very cool! So you said you had it installed at Best Buy for $120? Is that with parts? If not, where did you get the parts? Looking forward to doing this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very cool! So you said you had it installed at Best Buy for $120? Is that with parts? If not, where did you get the parts? Looking forward to doing this!

That was just the install. Got the parts on eBay.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Would you be able to list the part numbers or the link? I'd greatly appreciate it!

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Would you be able to list the part numbers or the link? I'd greatly appreciate it!
I remember that he shows a picture of the box at the end of the video. You could probably search based on that.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I like it except the range of the keyfob is pretty limited, isn't it? I haven't really tested the range since I usually use the button on the door handle.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I wonder if this would work without the “smart key”? I have a 2016 sport which doesn’t have the proximity sensor to open the door. I have to press the button on the key fob. If the car is running, I can’t lock/unlock with the key fob.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Well, other than having to remove the physical key and use it in the driver door it probably would.

(That would render it basically useless, however, at least from my point of view.)

BTW for a "remote start" to be reasonably safe there must also be a remote shut OFF function. Otherwise what happens if you start the car and then for whatever reason can't get the door open? Impossible? Oh, says you, you've never lived in the north where doors get frozen closed, have you? ;-)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well, other than having to remove the physical key and use it in the driver door it probably would.

(That would render it basically useless, however, at least from my point of view.)

BTW for a "remote start" to be reasonably safe there must also be a remote shut OFF function. Otherwise what happens if you start the car and then for whatever reason can't get the door open? Impossible? Oh, says you, you've never lived in the north where doors get frozen closed, have you? ;-)

I agree. If I can’t hit the fob button to unlock it, it’s a no go for me. Touring/GT guys are lucky. Haha.

I’m in Chicago and my windows are already freezing closed. I know the feeling. I need to use some dry lubricant on the window and door seals.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)

Sure. Here u go (thumbnail below too):

Remote Start: idatastart FT-900s-HCF
T-harness: Idatalink ADS-THR-MA3

Attachments

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I wonder if this would work without the “smart key”? I have a 2016 sport which doesn’t have the proximity sensor to open the door. I have to press the button on the key fob. If the car is running, I can’t lock/unlock with the key fob.
How do you start your vehicle? Do you have to press the brake and press the 'start' button? if so, you should be good to go!

To get into the vehicle, just press the unlock on your keyfob. Mine works that way too - but i like using the button on the door of my GT since I'm lazy and always leave my keyfob in my pocket :laugh2:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

You can program the run time - it won't run forever LOL. The default runtime is 15 minutes but you can set it for from like 3mins to 35 minutes

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
If the Sport is running the buttons on the fob are inop.... I assume there's no way for the remote start to override that.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I like it except the range of the keyfob is pretty limited, isn't it? I haven't really tested the range since I usually use the button on the door handle.
You can add a longer range remote that replaces your factory keyfob - but i wanted to keep the factory keyfob 'look' and besides its range works well for my needs..

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
If the Sport is running the buttons on the fob are inop.... I assume there's no way for the remote start to override that.
What do you mean? Mine works the same way. If my car is “on” (as in “on” normally , post bypass) and I press the buttons on my keyfob, nothing happens. This is normal operating procedure.

Starting that car with the remote start mitigates that option. if you watch the video, you’ll notice only after I enter the car and press the break does the car go into “normal on”. I hope this makes sense..

1 - 20 of 83 Posts
About this Discussion
82 Replies
23 Participants
Mike1Bravo
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing