Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
I finally called discount tire direct and ordered my wheels and tires. I order the Konig Crosshairs wrapped in 225/40/18 Kumho Ecsta ASX tires. I should have them by the end of the week, I will post some pics then. The next step is MazdaSpeed springs...

These are going on a 2003 Mazda 6S Lapis Blue.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/f...rw=7.5&bp=5-100
shano
[/b]
:drool: those are looking really nice! I must request you post pics when you get them! do you know what they weigh compared to stock? ***checks wallet*** damn...need another job!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not sure of the weight....I will weigh them when they arrive. I have lots of things to do before their mounted, paint calipers, change brake pads, and get some better jack stands.

Funny thing....I bid against chikoo for his ADR rims and tires on ebay. I missed out by a few bucks. I have been looking since then for the perfect rim and tire. Kinda glad I lost the auction. I like the ADR's but I think these will look great on the car.

shano

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
I'm not sure of the weight....I will weigh them when they arrive. I have lots of things to do before their mounted, paint calipers, change brake pads, and get some better jack stands.

Funny thing....I bid against chikoo for his ADR rims and tires on ebay. I missed out by a few bucks. I have been looking since then for the perfect rim and tire. Kinda glad I lost the auction. I like the ADR's but I think these will look great on the car.

shano
[/b]

Lol, put on 1 so we can see it then get to that other stuff... :):):)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well....I got the wheels, but discount tire direct forgot to ship the hub rings. They will not arrive until next week. I am going to try to find a local place that sells them and put the wheels on.... Otherwise I will have to wait until the hub rings ship to my house. :(

Shano

·
Registered
792 Posts
Well....I got the wheels, but discount tire direct forgot to ship the hub rings. They will not arrive until next week. I am going to try to find a local place that sells them and put the wheels on.... Otherwise I will have to wait until the hub rings ship to my house. :(
Shano
[/b]
Make a phone call and see if they will overnight or second day air them. If it was their mistake they might...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, they sent them next day air but since it was thursday night/friday morning it will not arrive till monday.

shano

·
Registered
748 Posts
Yeah, they sent them next day air but since it was thursday night/friday morning it will not arrive till monday.

shano
[/b]
i just skimmed over the later replies but didn't see any $$$ so i'm going to ask, how much? nice choice btw, it's so hard choosing on a set since there's always more than one set you're going to like.

and before i get a 'check out the link at the top', i mean, how much total for everything including tires, etc.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Total for everything was $1171 shipped to the house. That included the extra road hazard warranty on the tires....

shano

·
Registered
418 Posts
ya i got my konig troubles from them for about the same price... i was scared id get ripped cause the price was so good with shipping included and everything... has anyone put the konig UNknowns on a 6? prefebaly a black one.... i was kinda lookin at em when i bought my rims... i seem them on a black lexus the other day and it was incredible... the design online looks kinda scary but in person they were awesome... just my 2cents

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, here are the pics, I love the look of the car with these wheels. I painted my calipers and mounted the wheels on Saturday. The wheel gap is being addressed, I have placed an order for some mazdaspeed springs for my sedan. That and some side markers are the next things to purchase.

Shano :)

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Congrats on the new wheels. Very nice looking. Update with pix once you drop it.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Very nice, though I think those wheels would look MUCH better on a steel grey car...you should send them to me so you don't waste their potential :p

Looks great! How do they ride?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Everything is great, handling is better since I removed the stock Michelins. I love being able to take off from 1st gear and actually getting some traction. :)
Road noise is also much improved, very quiet on the freeways now.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Everything is great, handling is better since I removed the stock Michelins. I love being able to take off from 1st gear and actually getting some traction. :)
Road noise is also much improved, very quiet on the freeways now.
[/b]
They look sweet!

How is the roughness? Much stiffer?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
About this Discussion
30 Replies
17 Participants
Iluv2zmzm
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing