Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friday, after at least 4 months of searching and waiting and wondering, my new set of rims showed up. I found a set that I liked at 6061forged.com but couldn't get anyone to respond to my emails. Finally after a lot of searchng I did get in touch with someone that said the company was no longer making wheels but they would sell me a set that was still in the warehouse. After 3 months of waitiing, and wondering if I was getting scammed, the wheels arrived. Today I dropped them off at the shop so they'd be there when the tires show up and my buddy threw them on the scale. They weighed in at 15.5 lbs! The website said they were that light but we figured that it was an exaggeration, I had never heard of a 15 lb 19" wheel. Hopefully I'll have them all set up and on the car in the next few days. Once I do I'll post a few pics.

Here are some pictures!
[attachmentid=15796] [attachmentid=15797] [attachmentid=15798]

Attachments

·
Registered
436 Posts
Wouldn't a wheel that large be a bit fragile at 15lbs? Really interested in seeing what they look like.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wouldn't a wheel that large be a bit fragile at 15lbs? Really interested in seeing what they look like.
[/b]
I guess I'll find out if they are fragile, yet they are forged so that should help with the strength. I'll post pics as soon as I can...promise.

·
Registered
967 Posts
I had some 19' 6-spoke Centerlines for my Contour SVT in a previous life. They weighed 15.3lbs each. They were the STRONGEST rims I have ever seen/owned to this day. Lightweight doesn't always equal fragile. :D

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had some 19' 6-spoke Centerlines for my Contour SVT in a previous life. They weighed 15.3lbs each. They were the STRONGEST rims I have ever seen/owned to this day. Lightweight doesn't always equal fragile. :D
[/b]
Thats sure makes me feel better, I hope these will stand up as well

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
[/b]

very true.. some times lightweight is the cause of some great engineering!

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
the forging process is much better than casting. it increases the strength while reducing the weight compared to a casted rim. 15lbs for 19" is awesome. cheapest set of 19" forged i've ever seen, too.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I like the mesh ones and it's nice that they will paint the centers or fully powdercoat the wheels for you.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like the mesh ones and it's nice that they will paint the centers or fully powdercoat the wheels for you.
[/b]
Well they might but technically they stopped making wheels. If anyone is interested I'll send this guy an email and see if he has any left.

·
Registered
967 Posts
No pix here.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
They look really nice, what part of FL are you in?
[/b]
Thanks I'm down in ft. myers
I'm loving these rims. The ride even seems to be smoother, believe it or not. The only thing bothering me is that there are no center caps. If you have any ideas on how I can fabricate something please let me know

nice wheels Jeremy!!! Is that a Staffordshire Terrier tearing something up?
[/b]
Thanks!! Good eye on the dog too. She's a Staffordshire Bull terrier ripping up yet another basketball. :sarc:

Not really sure on that one... did you ask 6061?
[/b]
Not really sure on what one?

I did send an email to the person that helped me get these but I never actually contacted 6061. I've been using a mixture of his personal email and text messaging. According to him, since it was his personal email he doesn't check everyday so I'm not sure when or if he'll get back to me.

As far as your other question about the discount, he sold them to me at $275 each instead of $299.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nice wheels from what I can see, can you get a flat shot rather than a far away shot? Thanks!

Love the dog! LOL
[/b]
Flat from the side or front/back? Either way it'll have to wait until tomorrow since its dark, unless this is good enough.
[attachmentid=15803]

Attachments

·
Registered
451 Posts
sweet! all you need is some springs to give that bad boy a little drop...!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts