Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a lot of research and advice, I think I finally know what I'm looking for (still subject to learning and modification!).

I think the perfect 6 for me would a blue, 6-cyl, mtx, black-leather interior, sport package, Bose upgrade, heated mirrors. I haven't ruled out black or red, but I prefer the blue.

This combo seems to be rather rare, so I plan to be patient. Especially since my upper-end budget is about $14K or so....which means it will likely be a 2003.

Not an easy search, I know. But once found, I plan to lower it a bit, put some more interesting rims on it, and try to boost the horsepower without making the exhaust noisy. (I know, I know...I'm 49!) Probably shorten the shifter, put some of those eyelids on it, change the grille, stuff like that.

So keep your eyes open! I regularly search Autotrader and even eBay, but if you know of other resources, please let me know! I hope to join you more actively soon! :yesnod:

Thanks!

·
Registered
978 Posts
good choices in colors and of course in the car! you may want to mention where you are located (at least in this thread, but it would be more helpful if you put it in your profile) unless buying anywhere in the US is ok for you :sarc:

with your budget, i would think an 04 may even be possible...mtx's tend to get hosed a bit on resale.

good luck in your search...definately keep an eye on the buy/sell section of this forum. you may get lucky and find a member who has done many of the mods you've mentioned! plus, you'll have a history of posts to see what kind of issues that car has had.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good choices in colors and of course in the car! you may want to mention where you are located (at least in this thread, but it would be more helpful if you put it in your profile) unless buying anywhere in the US is ok for you :sarc:

with your budget, i would think an 04 may even be possible...mtx's tend to get hosed a bit on resale.

good luck in your search...definately keep an eye on the buy/sell section of this forum. you may get lucky and find a member who has done many of the mods you've mentioned! plus, you'll have a history of posts to see what kind of issues that car has had.
[/b]

Ahh, good point. Dayton, Ohio here. Thanks for the reply; I've checked the Buy/Sell area in the past, but not recently. Thanks for the reminder, as I'm still learning my way around here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts