Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally decided to join the club...thanks to those who have gone before me... i still have a few little changes i want to make but sofar so good....

and i finally have a DH in the mail soon to arrive so i can see what kinda temps i am getting...

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
wow, that red piping looks really cool! I'd like to see some more pics of how you routed everything.

·
Registered
178 Posts
+1 to moar pictures! I've been wanting to do this since day 1... which was like 3 months ago... hahaha! I guess one of my questions for you or any other FMIC guy is can you do this without any other modifications? For example, I don't have an AP or anything I can tune with. Can I still just basically tear off my top mount and throw a front mount on without doing anything else? To me, mechanically they are the same thing, just in a different spot on the car, right? Or do I need to tune and all that fun stuff?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will get some moar pics up ... like i said i still have a few "adjustments" to make... mostly on the cold side and with the position of the core (needs to move up about .5" or so.

The PS tank relocation turned out better than i thought it would.

Thanks...i like the red pipes too :D

As for tuning, I hope it dont require to run it or i'm in deep do-do.. honestly i personally dont believe you have to but to take FULL advantage of having an FMIC a tune is in order.

·
Registered
400 Posts
looks really good.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Yeah more info on that tank relo too.

It'd prob never work for me cause my core is just too big, but i'd love to see how it came out :D

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
So you moved your PS reservoir?, BRILIANT!!!. I would have never thought of that...

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
IHeartSteve.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Steve!! Again, looks :boobs: !!! Love the pipes, looks awesome! Sorry I didn't get a chance to comment earlier... I'm just coming across this thread now after all my shenanigans!! haha I'm psyched for you and the new fmic though, that rocks!! Thanks again for all the help with the bs that's been going on, haha.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I really wanna know how you routed your hotpipe. dj told me about this when I was at his place. It seems a lot better than taking out the washer fliud tank. Doing a custom setup too.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'd like to know more info as well. I am hesitant to do the washer tank relocate since I like the place it is now. This seems to be a much nicer solution IMO

·
Registered
86 Posts
yeah where did you buy the parts and find this setup, looks mighty spiffy

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Steve, I hate you and your car sucks!!!.........................

Of course I'm kidding!

Looks great Steve, you coming up my way anytime soon so I can see it in person???
I might want another ebrake boot also, a little longer as mine annoys the shit out of me when it keeps popping out.

·
Registered
46 Posts
damn, looks awesome! 2.5'' piping? that will suit power ALOT better than the CP-e fmic.:D

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'd like to know more info as well. I am hesitant to do the washer tank relocate since I like the place it is now. This seems to be a much nicer solution IMO
I will get some more detailed pics up shortly...got to drop the nose and make a couple of "adjustments" in order for me to be truely happy with it....

I will get pics next week but most likely wont get everything posted and filled out till i get back from deals gap the weekend of the 16th/

yeah where did you buy the parts and find this setup, looks mighty spiffy
I actually got the parts from Ebay...lol.. The core is a nice 27" overall length x 6.5" high and 3.5" thick (same core as Jmhinkle and qwick6) used. I stole that from them ...

the pipe that came with was a nice thick .063 wall aluminum... the clamps were a the worm gear ones but not terrible.

Nice job Steve!
Thanks Greg :) BTW i gotz a DH finally... hopin to have the AP here before too long

Steve, I hate you and your car sucks!!!.........................

Of course I'm kidding!

Looks great Steve, you coming up my way anytime soon so I can see it in person???
I might want another ebrake boot also, a little longer as mine annoys the shit out of me when it keeps popping out.
The ebrake boot shouldnt be a problem... as far as when i might be up your way...hard to say...i imagine it will be sometime before the summer is over... or you could make the 9 million hour trek to my house...LOL

damn, looks awesome! 2.5'' piping? that will suit power ALOT better than the CP-e fmic.:D
Yes its 2.5" I actually think lag decreased a bit (maybe cuz it pulls better due to the cooler air and lower restriction than the stock TMIC)

·
Registered
46 Posts
I actually got the parts from Ebay...lol.. The core is a nice 27" overall length x 6.5" high and 3.5" thick (same core as Jmhinkle and qwick6) used. I stole that from them ...

Yes its 2.5" I actually think lag decreased a bit (maybe cuz it pulls better due to the cooler air and lower restriction than the stock TMIC)
that intercooler is the same setup i have also, :highfive: haha still looks great! i had my piping going down where the windshield washer tank was, it looks like yours fits a lot nicer where the PS tank was.

And thats what we like to hear!

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
You're getting an AP too?
For those of you that don't know Steve, his speed is somewhat if a "factory freak" in which it's much quicker than other speeds...with the AP that thing is going to be a freaking monster!

Steve, I'd make the trip down if I had a place to crash :)
When wifey is back to 100% (disc removed and fused in back) I'd be down!!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
For those of you that don't know Steve, his speed is somewhat if a "factory freak" in which it's much quicker than other speeds...with the AP that thing is going to be a freaking monster!
thats how my buddy's VR6 jetta was. it makes me so jealous! ;) it just means we have to work harder to go faster. haha.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Steve, I'd make the trip down if I had a place to crash :)
When wifey is back to 100% (disc removed and fused in back) I'd be down!!!
Tim,
You know you would have a place to crash...i have a guest bedroom :)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts