Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took delivery of my new 6 Signature (Reflex Blue with Parchment interior) last night and have enjoyed the following observations.

I added front and rear Splash guards, Mazda 6 door sills on all 4 doors, Mazda logo chrome valve stem caps, sport alloy pedals on all pedals and foot rest, Hüper Optik Ceramic tinted windows, and a 2.5 T badge on the back.

Cons:
Sunroof is small and insignificant.
No TMPS tire pressure guage.
Falken Tires
No Apple car play (yet)
Poor quality on cameras

Pros:
Fun to drive
Great looking inside and out.
Incredible technology.
Very user friendly information system.
Bose system sounds better then expected.
Awesome heads up display.
Pairs easily with IPhone and great voice command options.
Super comfortable interior in every way.
Best cooled seats system I have ever owned.
Steering wheel makes you want to just keep driving.
Love the less is more look of interior with no obvious stereo unit in dash.
Nice dash gauges.
Like the gas cap being on drivers side.
Car and remote control work great and sense when you are near or leaving and locks when you walk away.
Handles like a dream and is sneaky fast.
The acceleration from 30 to 80 is unreal and smooth.

MODs coming soon will be to remove Falkens and put on some good A/S or summer Tires (probably Michelin Pilot Sport). Replacing OEM filters with K&N high flow. And feed her 93 premium fuel.
Will post pictures soon.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Congratulations ! Save your dollars on K&N air filter, it really wont yield any noticeable difference in performance. And yes, if you like the steering now wait until you get rid of the OEM tires for something stickier and quieter. Post pics !

·
Banned
703 Posts
Congratulations ! Save your dollars on K&N air filter, it really wont yield any noticeable difference in performance. And yes, if you like the steering now wait until you get rid of the OEM tires for something stickier and quieter. Post pics !
The K&N filter is purely a marketing scam, it filters less which allows in far more dust into your engine just so you can gain a very slight increase in power. Best to stick to OEM filter.

For improved steering feel better tires is a good choice, But I also highly suggest camber plates and sway bars front/rear. Both will improve handling and steering feel without hurting ride quality.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Took the suggestions on here and returned the K&N filters. Added some Mazda logo valve stem caps and gave it a good shine today.
Here are some pictures....

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts