Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 212 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys , here it is , sorry that it took longer then it was suposed to!! there is alot of suprises when you take off the bumper .

so let me start by telling you that the front mount intercooler is a must on that car ! WOW what a difference , seriously there the no lag and the car response is so fast its just amazing . The car just wants to pull more and more 6k , 6500k is just insane!! with the heat that was build with the original intercooler that car seemed to die at 6k , but not anymore :D

the car has way more power and breath alot better!!! no i really gotta go to the dyno!

so here is some pics and i will post some more tomorrow as well!!

on that pic look at the weight that is on that tranny arm!! i just cut a piece and wow what a difference !! the shifting is so much faster.

so tomorrow i will post some pics of the intercooler it self with the bumper off !!!!

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
awesome, you did this yourself? Or is this from CP-E
[/b]
this was custom , its not cp-e!!

i can have it made for you guys , so just let me know !!

this is the firt one out there guys and it works perfectly !!! i already did 600km since i got it and nothing went wrong

·
Registered
252 Posts
This is not a cp-e I/C, this is p5freeks own doing! looks good bro, now get your ass to a dyno!

·
Registered
982 Posts
Is an upgraded intercooler going to show dyno results? Or is it more of a supporting mod that doesn't actually provide more hp?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Nice job. I guess the warranty won't be an issue for you.It might be something I'm interested in 2.5 years.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
sweet...

any cutting/drilling?

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Is an upgraded intercooler going to show dyno results? Or is it more of a supporting mod that doesn't actually provide more hp?
[/b]
a FMIC will give results. other cars, i.e. sti, have seen gains in the 20+whp range with about 500rpm lag.

·
Registered
814 Posts
holy crap...thats professional. nice job.

·
Registered
243 Posts
OK so give us some insight into the price of that badboy! Also, do you have any pics of the front of the car from further away to see the entire front and how it looks?

Thanks - Kyran

·
Registered
721 Posts
yes, how much did it cost you? and how much will they charge to reproduce and ship to Toronto?

·
Registered
214 Posts
bueller..bueller.... don't tease us like this!!!!

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
This is not a cp-e I/C, this is p5freeks own doing! looks good bro, now get your ass to a dyno!
[/b]
A dyno is pretty useless for comparing intercoolers. Top-mounts can work great or they can work horribly depending on how the dyno operator wants. Ditto for front mounts, really.

Much more interesting would be probing and plotting manifold air temperatures against intake air temperatures.

·
Registered
252 Posts
A dyno is pretty useless for comparing intercoolers. Top-mounts can work great or they can work horribly depending on how the dyno operator wants. Ditto for front mounts, really.

Much more interesting would be probing and plotting manifold air temperatures against intake air temperatures.
[/b]

I was more saying that because he has done things that most haven't. MBC, Cut-out... and now a FMIC, I want to see numbers. That's all.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Can't wait to see price and dyno numbers, thanks P5 for taking the plunge and being a guinea pig! :cheers:

1 - 20 of 212 Posts