Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Glacier Silver right now

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember a gentleman member here who has a wife working at the Michigan plant where they are pumping out M6.

I put my order in on February 8th and initially got an estimate date that the car will be ready in March.

I just received my VIN today and the dealer said that it will be another month, in April sometimes before I see my baby.

Could someone who has connection find out when 1YVHP81D345M02681 ready for delivery? It is heading up north to Toronto.

Speaking of waiting time, what would you chose? Wait another month for a Dark Grey/Steel Gray or opt for an equivalent trim car in Silver right now?

·
Registered
628 Posts
Reading Topic: Finally got my VIN

Dewd...welcome to my world...as suggested in another tread, call 1800-222-5500 - option 4 and talk to a CSR. They might be able to help you out.

·
Registered
205 Posts

I don't know if MazdaUSA can help in this case because hieppo's in Canada. hieppo, maybe you can try contacting Mazda Canada.

·
Registered
628 Posts

Oh true dat...didn't notice...I am sure that Mazda Canada has a similar Customer Support Number...Check their website...

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Finally got my VIN'

I was in a similar situation as you hieppo......wait for another month for dark grey or glacier silver...i chose silver....couldn't stand the wait and i compare the color and liked silver more than dark grey....but it was at night when i did that.

dark grey is like classy color while silver more sporty in my mind

·
Registered
174 Posts

If I'm ordering, I'll pick gray, but I found a silver one that might be available at a local dealer.. in which case I might go silver.

I'm slightly afraid the grey will be a trendy color that won't look good in 3-4 years. It also might be hotter and harder to keep clean.

·
Registered
628 Posts

Originally posted by Count Blah
I'm slightly afraid the grey will be a trendy color that won't look good in 3-4 years.[/b]
You mean like the silver is now?

·
Registered
174 Posts

Originally posted by stew560

Originally posted by Count Blah
I'm slightly afraid the grey will be a trendy color that won't look good in 3-4 years.[/b]
You mean like the silver is now?[/b][/quote]

You're saying the silver hit its peak a few years ago and is dated now? I don't know.. I've got a silver-ish car from 1994 and I still like the color fine. I think silver will blend into the pack more, but is more of a "classic" look that will last longer. JMHO.

·
Registered
628 Posts

I didn't really mean it is dated, hell my wifes car is silver, but it is trendy. I mean look around when you are on the road, like half the cars are silver... just MHO

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

Don't go with trendy colors. Geez.

I go with colors I tend to like as they look very deep and rich in color. Ie. The Steel/Dark Grey of the 6. The Copper of the Acura CL and Nissan 350Z. The Blue Blacks of the Pontiac Montana and Mazda Tribute. etc.

·
Registered
174 Posts

Originally posted by stew560
            I didn't really mean it is dated, hell my wifes car is silver, but it is trendy. I mean look around when you are on the road, like half the cars are silver... just MHO[/b]
Yep, the silver is definitely a popular color.

·
Registered
105 Posts

I vote for silver. I'm gonna get a steel gray(or hopefully titanium grey if by some stroke of luck mazda brings it over here with the hatch release); so I'd rather have less of em on the road. :D

But of course... you should go with whatever color you want the most. You don't wanna look back after a few months and kick yourself in the ass for making a wrong decision. Seriously, a month is nothing. I'm waiting a year here for the hatch. :hammerhea

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

I went to take a look at the Silver and it is just brilliant in the sun. Surprisingly, the Dark Grey actually looks for sporty than the Glacier Silver. I guess there is just too many silver car running around and does not make the silver M6 special. However, I am considering that the darker colour is hotter in the summer and also harder to keep clean.

I am going back to take another look but I think I might be picking my Silver M6 in at most a week (let them have time to clean it and do all the extra installation.)

I get back to you.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts

I was set on the steel grey until I saw a lapis blue 6 next to one. The steel grey looks like a grandparents car compared to the lapis blue. But that is just my opinion.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts