Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a couple of days after i purchased my 6, in september of 2005, i notice burn rings in the headlight housing. i made an appointment with the dealership to look at the problem. on two occassions my appointment was canceled by the dealership because the mazda rep couldn't be present. acouple of months passed and in the interim, i installed h1 and h3 piaa extreme whites.

in january of 2006, i had my 6 in the dealership for another minor issue and asked the service manager to look at the burn rings. he said it wouldn't be covered consequential to the installation of the piaa's. i made my argument, you know, 55w halogens, no different than the stock bulbs. he still didn't agree so i took issue with his determination and demanded that the mazda rep look at the problem.

for several reasons, i was unable to meet with the mazda rep until today. in any event, he agreed to replace my headlights, but with one condition: i re-install the stock bulbs. i laughed at his condition precedent, but agreed as i will only re-install the piaa's once i get my 6 back.

btw, the dealership has a new service manager who really went to bat for me, i was suprised by how adamant he was in arguing my case

:yesnod:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Glad to hear you got them replaced. It would have been really shity of them if they didn't

Also, I'm surprised that the manager put up a fight for you. I wish my dealership was like that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts