Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here is the deal, TWM (whom make a SS for the MZ6) have been working on a short shifter for the MS6 and MS3...

Part of the installation is replacing the bushings, which gives the shifter that "mushy" feel, which is not that prevelant in the MS6, but its still there...

Well the MS3 guys have struck gold, apparently the MZ3 bushings fit the MS3, which in turn shows it WILl FIT AN MS6, we have the same tranny...

Here is the discussion on the Mazdaspeed3 forums... there are pictures and some feedback here...

Here is the link to TWM's website...

So here is the deal, there is still a short shifter coming, and these bushings will be part of the kit, but if you want a cheaper solution to more precise shifting, here is your answer... probably around $36!

Feedback?

·
Premium Member
3,070 Posts
Sounds interesting, but personally, I don't see the need to mess with the shifter of the MS6...

I got one in my Mustang because it was way to long of a throw, but the MS6 is nice as is...at least for me.

What exactly is missing in the shifter that we need a replacement if I may ask?

·
Registered
651 Posts
I think it's a good find, but how the shifter stops is not all that I'm after...without a doubt though, it sounds like the perfect companion to a short shifter (if they are not already offered like TWM's are too)

Sounds interesting, but personally, I don't see the need to mess with the shifter of the MS6...

I got one in my Mustang because it was way to long of a throw, but the MS6 is nice as is...at least for me.

What exactly is missing in the shifter that we need a replacement if I may ask?[/b]
Just a more precise throw...the B&M I had in my SVT clicked in gear instead of needing to push it in.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Just ordered a set, I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
nice find. whose going to be the ginnypig...im kinda broke but maybe tomorrow. We out to set up a GB on these as from there discussion shipping is too expensive and TWM would be willing to work out a GB. Somone who has more experience than me out to do it as this GB should be done where 1 person buys 20 and ships them to participants in GB. We could Use Paypal to make it easy.... point is I would like to do this mod.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
i ordered a set as well i have a kit like this on my eclipse gsx and i feel it helped

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
should be interesting, how hard an instal i wonder...

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Rofl.... Speed6 has awsome everything... including shifter.. linkage.. you name it.... I suppose for those who really need to spend money on something no matter what it is.. this is a good upgrade.. as it won't hurt anything... unlike trying to install custom turbos and IC's.. that can cause some problems...

Anyway, either way its awsome to see more little things like this pop up every day... The more mods and such people find... the better chances the rest of us looking for different mods will have to get them produced!

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
So, how soon will they have a short shifter?

·
Registered
220 Posts
So, how soon will they have a short shifter?[/b]
I think with my ape like arms, a short throw isn't needed, but having a better shifter feel isn't a bad idea at this price. Any feedback on this mod is appreciated.

Wayne

I think with my ape like arms, a short throw isn't needed, but having a better shifter feel isn't a bad idea at this price. Any feedback on this mod is appreciated.

Wayne[/b]
My bad...I read Wiggums cross post and went ahead and ordered it. I'll report what I find with some pics if it possible.

Wayne

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Haha, I just ordered it too.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
I really can't wait for the whole package.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
If they ever come out with a short-shifter, will these be part of that? Or is this something in addition?

·
Registered
795 Posts
the short shifter prototype is ready , so im going to be giving my car on wednesday to have installed and tested on the car. i will keep u guys posted on how it feels;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts