Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know lots of you never look anywhere else... so I thought I wouldl link and we could have a general discussion...

Group Buy here...

My opinion... if the second picture is what we are paying for.... I think $200 for a carbon is kinda high... and the with the fiberglass being $150... by the time is painted you are looking at over $200 as well...

Thoughts?

·
Registered
532 Posts
I dont' know...it doesn't do muc for me. Maybe I need to see it in a finished, show room condition.
[/b]

I think that it is a lot of $$ for what u are getting. I prefer to stick with my stock for now. But a CF might be nice to look at. I would have to see a finish product on a Speed6 to determine whether it is worth coughing up 200 for it.

:drive:

·
Registered
815 Posts
I know lots of you never look anywhere else... so I thought I wouldl link and we could have a general discussion...

Group Buy here...

My opinion... if the second picture is what we are paying for.... I think $200 for a carbon is kinda high... and the with the fiberglass being $150... by the time is painted you are looking at over $200 as well...

Thoughts?
[/b]
If the second pic is all there is to the grill, how will this cover the indentation in the bumper for the Mazda symbol?

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
It doesn't. That's an aftermarket bumper in the picture.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I like the single insert, half the price of a full grill. I panited the M on the grill to match the car to tone the front down some, M is just to big. Better picture's are needed to really determine if its a worthy purchase and what to do with the grill clip holes on the bumper.

Here is the link for the AE grill page #2 post #23

AE CF grill

·
Registered
104 Posts
I really dont like it. I just want the autoexe cf grill in fiberglass, I dont think thats to much to ask.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts

Group Buy here...

Thoughts?
[/b]
Is that by chance an aftermarket bumper for a mazdaspeed 6, or is it a mazda 6?

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Is that by chance an aftermarket bumper for a mazdaspeed 6, or is it a mazda 6?
[/b]
Yes it's a aftermarket, looks like the AE v2 bumper.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Yes, but is it for the SPEED 6? If not, will they make one?

·
Registered
329 Posts
If you think that grill is expensive don't even consider the Autoexe CF grill. Autobacs quoted me around $500 and Corksport gave me a quote of $600.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
329 Posts
Why would anyone even consider buying anything from autobacs? Why would you ever pay full retail on anything?
[/b]
They were one of the few authorized distributors for Autoexe in the US and happen to be down the street. After I found out what they wanted for one I didn't consider it. When I was looking back in January no one carried these items. I just saw the grill on Corksport right now for $388. But either way, if $200 is too much then $388 is still too much, correct?

·
Registered
967 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Without it covering the dip in the hood from the logo...I'm out on this one, especially when they want $200 for a $50 part.

There's gotta be something better...and I don't think autoexe is it (at least from the cost side).

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
you have got to be kidding me if you wanna buy that for 150 plus shipping plus paint job = $215 buy somethin better than that for that kinda money.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts