Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The sign up was complicated. I just want to see a photo of the new door gaskets to cut out the wind noise on the 2016 6 Touring I just bought. Got the dealer to put heat in the seats :)

Beautiful car. A few extra dollars to cut down on the wind noise that it looks like people have been complaining about for years would make it perfect.

9 posts to go to see the photo...but everything I click on says I cannot post replies...

·
Super Moderator
16,782 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Sorry about the post/viewing restrictions - they were put in place by the owners of the forum to combat some crazy spamming we were getting a while ago. After your first post, you *should* be given access to the rest of the forum within 24 hours (once the database updates).

·
Registered
302 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the forum!

Sorry about the post/viewing restrictions - they were put in place by the owners of the forum to combat some crazy spamming we were getting a while ago. After your first post, you *should* be given access to the rest of the forum within 24 hours (once the database updates).
That makes sense then. Thank you for the info.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Has anyone done this?
Does it ACTUALLY work?
Part # 7 cost please?
As luck would have it I drove by a Mazda dealership today. No one had heard of noise complaints! However there is a TSB, No. 09-024/18 covering 2014-2016 and some 2017 models. Mazda is only covering under the limited new vehicle warranty which is 3/36k.

"Some vehicles may exhibit wind noise at rear door quarter glass when driven at high speed. This is caused by air leakage from the gap between rear sash molding, rear door glass run channel, rear door glass guide, and rear door quarter glass guide.
Replace the rear door quarter glass guide, rear door glass guide, and the rar door glass run channel at affected side(s) with modified ones on MGSS (REAR DOOR QUARTER GLASS REMOVAL/INSTALLATION)."

Parts: :
GHK1-72-651E is RH rear door quarter glass guide
GHK1-73-6515 is LH
GHK1-72-602B is rear door glass guide
GRT6-72-605A is RH rear door glass run channel
GRT6-73-605A is LH.

I was quoted 193.15 for all part before tax.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Can you see this photo?
That small thing can reduce noise? I hope someone can elaborate on it.
It's not a life changing mod as I have stated before, it helps mildly at mid to freeway speeds. One Japanese owner blogged about it reducing interior noise by about 1 decibel FWIW, the bigger change is probably getting rid of the metallic echo when you shut the door, and keeping a bit of water out while you're washing your cars.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts