Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Great list. I wish I was better at doing this stuff myself, but alas, I must trust my local mechanic (usually does a good job).

A question about the coils. I've already replaced plenty, but damage was already doing to the Cat's and had to get those replaced. Now, on ocassion I get something close to a 'stall' when I stop at a stop sign or red light. Is that a coil starting to go? And if no light is triggered, how do I knowh which one or ones to replace? It gets expensive to replace all 6.

Is there an easy way to check each coil's performance? Maybe I missed that.

Thanks.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Thanks for the help last time. Long story short, my mechanic just cleaned out the throttle body and the problem went away.

Now, I'm getting some oil burning in my exhaust. It's not consistent. Some start ups, and every once in a while during driving, but mostly doesn't do it at all. I saw that there was a thread about the PCV valve, but you refuted it.

I also have noticed this in the past. Usually it happens at start up for me when an oil change is due (I do 5k or less for my intervals now). When I get new oil, the problem goes away. So, I'm thinking it's a viscosity/sealing issue.

One time my gf drove the car and it was smoking a lot and she heard a ticking sound and loss of throttle for a bit. Took it to my mechanic, but the problem didn't duplicate.

So, if it's wear/seals, what seals am I looking at and how much is this going to destroy my wallet?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.