Mazda 6 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
I wish I either 1) had the skill to Auto X or 2) had courses to do it on. I've never had anyone who is a driver in my 6 so I have no idea if I'm doing thigs right or wrong lol.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I'm going to run my MS6 in a Porsche Club AX this weekend. Its still fairly stock, but I do have a set of 235/40/18 Falken 615s on the car. I keep praying for rain. I have been in top 5 on rainy AX days.

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I'm going to run my MS6 in a Porsche Club AX this weekend. Its still fairly stock, but I do have a set of 235/40/18 Falken 615s on the car. I keep praying for rain. I have been in top 5 on rainy AX days.[/b]
Wow, really? That is awesome :thumbup: Try to get some pictures or, more importantly, videos. Does anyone actually have videos of the ms6 autocrossing?

·
Registered
507 Posts
I have some bad news I'm afraid. I was in the same run group as the speed6s so I was not able to get any footage of their runs. I do believe, however, that somebody else did get video. I'll let you know if it surfaces over the next few days.

·
Registered
319 Posts
The AX was lots of fun. The course was dry, but it had lots of gravel so my AWD was an advantage. Car placed 17th out of 95 drivers. That includes about 40 cars running race tires. I beat a drivers time in SM class Honda S2000 that showed up. Here is link to times, http://www.pca-ggr.org/acresults/101307.html , you'll note that MS6 time is very close to drivers in the top 6. TTOD was a race slick clad 914 that weighs about 1500 lbs. Course was long and tight so the MS6 was at a disavantage in tight stuff, but it made up for that with good traction in slippery portions.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Well, that was it. What was likely my last autocross with Martin Sports Car Club happened today. I've been asleep for the past 3 hours, as is customary post-race. I have lots of pictures and videos to add and tried to get some different stuff in there this time, including DSLR pictures my friend was practicing with on a Sony A100, so I'll need some time to upload everything.

So basically, my day started like this:

Yeah. 6:35am. I've gone to sleep at that time more than I've awoken to it.

Bye bye napoleon

On my way out. Central Florida actually has elevation changes!

Like this one, for instance. A lot more steep than the camera gives it credit for

Hah! The 561! My favorite road that I've driven here in Florida!

The road is in excellent condition and well paved, a rarity for not only Florida, but anywhere in the country...

Onward to the car photos! I had no idea this is what the picture would come out like when I took it in burst mode, but it was pretty cool:

This guy was out here last time too. Good to see another family sedan rockin the place, lol

The new turbo mini with orange color Kosei K1 TS wheels, haha!

A couple of my competitors in G Prepared:

Many more to come...including videos

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Awesome Camaro...and yes, those are Corvette wheels

Evo Attack!

And yours truly:

In these next two, and in the video that I'll post later, you can clearly see that I'm losing control of the car. I went through the slalom way too hot and didn't get on the brakes early enough. I came within inches of destroying multiple cones. Oversteer is crazy when you're expecting understeer, haha!

Money shot!

More pics and then vids

41 - 60 of 66 Posts