Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
crazy day. i saw pirates of the carribean last night at 11:45pm, so i got home at like 2:30 or so, didn't go to sleep til 4am onwards, woke up at 6am and went autocrossing. yeesh.

so we have the usual suspects and a couple new ones. the guy with the civic Si didn't do bad at all, i think this was his first time:

we had 3 cars there that everyone wanted to watch
68 Camaro (my only picture! im sorry!)

Porsche Carrera GT3 (FUCKING FAST!!!!!!!)

and...

yup, a lamborghini Murcielago. holy flippin shit.

everyone stopped to watch this guy. he went off course like 3 times and while that may make you laugh, i'd rather see him here doing an autocross and learning what the hell to do instead of just being another supercar driver with no idea wtf he's doing. props!

we did 6 runs and this was a much faster course than anyone thought it would be. once i left first gear, i couldn't go back to it until the last turn. 2nd gear acceleration the whole way baby! i enjoyed this course a lot. one thing i did differently this month was reduce my tire pressure compared to normal. i wanted to see how this would affect my handling. from the normal 45/32 front/rear to 38/29 front/rear. i should've stuck with the higher pressure, cuz my tires were screaming and flexing on the last turn. i even ripped apart some of the shoulder tread. i don't really care, cuz its a tire, and thats what its meant for, but im never using lower pressures again.

30.135 - 30.664 - 30.040 - 30.109 - 29.337 - 29.842 - no cones, no offcourse. thats a win to me, even though i finished in 7th place in my class. fyi, thats dead last. haha

Videos!
Carrera GT3!!
Murcielago!
940whp Corvette!
and uh, me... (link fixed)

enjoy!

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
i just did the EXACT same thing as you.

pirates last night, wake up, wayy to tired, barely make it to the autox, race!

looks good man.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Hey man my friend with the RX8 who sold it got a red mazdaspeed miata... he was supposed to go today, you see him out there??

can't believe i missed those cars :(

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
are you kidding me? i almost killed myself on the drive home from exhaustion. two guys i work with went, it was loud as hell when i talked to them on the phone, but one was saying that there was a twin turbo Ford GT challenging anybody to a race...

how dramatic.

edit: woops! i had my worst run on putfile, not my best. updated!

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
No HIN tonight?
[/b]
HIN was a BLAST! You guys should've gone if you didn't.

And that Murcielago was in HIN so, probably the reason he's up here. It looks EXACTLY like the same one, exhaust and everything. I guess it's a possibility that I could be wrong.

Regardless, damn nice car! I'll have to DL the vid later on.

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
it was mother's day. they made it just for fun, afterall, its in the shape of a heart. we really don't have NEARLY enough room to work with at that site. i just enjoy bs-ing with the people there.

btw, here's a huge set of galleries from saturday:
page 1 and page 2 4 pics of me! :D

i asked him for the full resolution pics, so i'll resize and post them at 800x600 when he responds.

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
LOL.... I just hate seeing ppl go off course due to too many cones all over the damn place.

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
No need to make a new thread so i'll revive my old one. just post results/impressions/videos/pics here if you're autocrossing :D!!!

So the autocross is over :( i forgot to take a picture of the results that were posted but we had a large showing in G Prepared this month with 10 drivers (normally it is about 4-6.) Audi A4, Impreza, some VW guy, a pair of 240sx, a Mini, and moi :D

my four runs, time wise, went something like: 43.68, 42.64, 41.919, 42.219

the top 4 guys were all on Azenis, which showed, since the gap between me and 4th place was a ridiculous 2½ seconds. i had improved upon my times each successive run until the fourth run; i just made a number of mistakes and could've easily had a 41.500 run or even less, which would've been really impressive. after the second run i was sitting in 5th place with the guy in the VW 0.068 seconds behind me. after the third run we had switched, with him being 0.064 seconds in front of me. i didn't find the guy, but i wanted to talk to him because we were so freaking close in times. i think its much more enjoyable when you have a face to match with the person you're tailing or who is tailing you, lol. guess that is some weird competitive spirit in me, even though i know i'm not competing.

so this was the first time with the springs and the kumho SPTs. i can't believe the difference. i mean, seriously...when i was making that second round-a-bout there early in the run, i had a really hard time hanging onto the wheel because of how fucking hard the g-force was pulling me to the outside of the car. it takes a lot of energy to fight that and make the steering wheel go the opposite direction. the aggressive drop and moderate springrate increase, coupled with the tires gave me a much greater degree of response and accuracy that i hadn't felt before in the stock setup.

the tires, boy...the poor tires. in 5 or 6 spots on the course i spun those poor bastards mercilessly, haha. but considering i was still able to move forward easily even while spinning the tires into redline, i think they have a bit more grip to spare. i'm really glad i chose to try these over getting another set of the G-Force Sports. That is a great tire and all, but damn, the SPTs outclass it.

i love this shit. i love this car. damn i love racing.

outside video (i know, again)

·
Registered
318 Posts
Sweet vids man! It looked like there were some cones placed in strange places on that course. Looked confusing...

Sounds like the new setup is pretty sweet. What do you have for sways? Once you wear out those Kumhos - go get yourself a set of the RT-615s. You'll be in heaven. :drive:

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
nah, the course was simple: just had a pair of dueling u turns with a long straight into a chicago box and that was basically the whole course. we had 120 registered drivers so i'm really glad the course flowed as fast as it did. it was the earliest i've ever been finished with autocrossing too (just after 2pm.) not bad.

i'm still running stock sways. once i get the MS6 oem shocks to throw onto there the sways will be the next suspension upgrade. i think i'll just go balls out and do the RB setup to see if i can get some three wheeling action going on, lol. as for the tires...i won't move up to anything like the 615s or Z212s for probably another year. i want to become a better driver on street tires first and then i'll get a dedicated set of track wheels and tires, probably running FD3S 16x8s with 225/50 rt-615s.

other videos are having some errors uploading...i'll post the links when they're corrected.

21 - 40 of 66 Posts