Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping someone could tell me what part numbers are for the oil filter and air filter. I do most of my work myself and I am almost due for my first oil change, and I can't find the numbers in the manual nor can I find any retailers with updated catalogs with our car listed or if it is there aren't any parts listed. I live nowhere near a Mazda dealer, an I called the ford dealer, and he thought I was an idiot thinking that some Ford parts are also on Mazdas. Thanks

·
Registered
78 Posts
Reading Topic: Filter Part Numbers

i hate to tell you bu no one has an oil filter except for mazda...i havent found anyone when i took it to a shop to get it changed they couldnt find anyone with it but the mazda dealer..pepboys,autozone,checkers dont have it..my buddy at ford couldnt cross reference it with anything...so i ended up doing the change myself and buying the filter from mazda..$5 plus tax for the filter..i bought a few and if you need one let me know..or i call 702-221-8000 and see if they can ship one...

·
Registered
468 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Filter Part Numbers'

i did my oil today. nobody but mazda has the 6 in the computer. do you have the 4 cylinder or the 6?

i have the 6 and used the filter from a 2000 ford tarus DOHC 3.0 same filter, since it's the same block. purolator part number 24651

·
Registered
18 Posts

I heard in many places that it is recomended to do oil change on 1000 miles. That is what Im going to do in about 750 miles.
Just got my Mazda6s, not really happy that there are not that many parts or accessories available yet.

·
Registered
170 Posts

Originally posted by Atenza03Sport

I heard in many places that it is recomended to do oil change on 1000 miles.  That is what Im going to do in about 750 miles.  
Just got my Mazda6s, not really happy that there are not that many parts or accessories available yet.[/b]
Keep in mind that this car just came out in December or something...production on aftermarket parts usually take more than 3 months. It disappoints me too, then I remember that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.